advertisement

Branston Pickle

Can't stand branston.

Horseradish in beef sarnies, sweet onion relish in ham or ham hock, nothing in cold lamb sarnies and chicken has to be coleslaw.

Horseradish in a cold beef sarnie is excellent, also works well with smoked salmon.

Cold lamb in a sarnie is nothing short of disgusting.

The best mature Cheddar you can get hold of, grilled until bubbling nicely on toast, then smothered in Branston. Supper heaven!

Phil.

I tend to buy a jar of branston because I think I like it, but then it sits there in the fridge or cupboard for like 2 years before I throw it out.

So I think, all in all, I don't like branston.

Why do you only keep it two years ? It lasts until it eats its way through the lid of the jar.

The best mature Cheddar you can get hold of, grilled until bubbling nicely on toast, then smothered in Branston. Supper heaven!

Phil.

If you do it like that it HAS to be brown sauce and that's a whole new ball game.

I prefer the fruity variety of brown sauce and I think what we are talking here is Welsh Rarebit.

Yummy!

If you do it like that it HAS to be brown sauce and that's a whole new ball game.

I prefer the fruity variety of brown sauce and I think what we are talking here is Welsh Rarebit.

Yummy!

Lea & Perrins or Marmite with cheese on toast, FTW.

Branston is good with Gammon too, but best with Cheddar.

Chaps

I used to keep a jar of Branston in the house and to be honest it was the best of a mediocre bunch.

Since retiring, Mrs Mick bakes her own bread (in a breadmaker) every day, she also makes pickles, jams, marmalades and soups. The standard is way above the shop bought stuff, in fact it is streets ahead.

I had a spoonful of homemade piccalilli yesterday and it really made the taste buds sing.

Regards

Mick

Lucky, lucky, lucky.
Mr ED

Am I the only one who thinks that the Branston 'onion' smell can sometimes verge on 'rubbery'?

Good cheese on toast needs only cheese.. and toast.

And, to quote Mrs Slocombe.. 'I am unanimous in this opinion..'

Mull

That's what I was going to say - if your cheese needs Brandstone Pickles to be good, then make better cheese.

Am I the only one who thinks that the Branston 'onion' smell can sometimes verge on 'rubbery'?

Good cheese on toast needs only cheese.. and toast.

And, to quote Mrs Slocombe.. 'I am unanimous in this opinion..'

Mull
You'll have to get rid of that jar you bought at Uni.

That's what I was going to say - if your cheese needs Brandstone Pickles to be good, then make better cheese.
Cheese on toast with finely chopped spring onion, or with a splash of Worcester source.
Dear me, we'll be having Cheese and Wine next!:)

Phil.

advertisement

Back