advertisement

Bose wave iv

HairyHaggis

<((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>¸.
On the back of a thread here I recently laid off some tdl studio 1s and roksan kandy and replaced them with a bose soundlink. This was an office system and I'm really happy with the result. I was wondering if I could do similar with my main system in the lounge which is roksan caspian and proac response d18 floorstanders. I'd look to replace with bose wave and the pedestal thing. Any thoughts anyone? Has anybody here used one before?

If you are looking for a one box solution there are plenty out there including Naim, Geneva, Sonos and many more. I would go to John Lewis or Richer Sounds to have a play. I assume you are not expecting to match the performance of the existing system.

Hairyhaggis April is coming.

ah i see. soz, a bit slow on the uptake there. but it's not just about the sound, it's about getting my lounge back. it is currently filling up with hifi, guitars and amps and i'd like to get some space back. i rarely these days sit down and have a hifi session, the way i used to. also, i'm listening to much more ambient stuff and i don't find the equipment as critical with that genre. dunno, just scratching around. and it is time i parked at least 1 guitar amp and guitar back upstairs...we'll see. but thanks for the info

I am quite impressed with the Sonos Play 1s I have setup as a stereo pair, my brother has the little Bose soundlink and the Sonos sounds much much better.

advertisement

Back