advertisement

Bonamassa at RAH

efp

pfm Member
Anyone else here see him last night?
Great show and Clapton popping up to join in Further on up the Road was a great bonus, but was I alone in thinking the quality of the PA mix was appalling? Quite painful at some points, and mostly woolly, it killed my enjoyment and that of a lot of others judging by the lack of headbanging or any other response to quite suberb musicianship.
I know the Albert Hall is not accousticly perfect but I've heard far better than this there. Joe sounded like he was singing from inside a wet sack.
I rather suspect the sound was being mixed for the benefit of the no-doubt upcoming live CD rather than the audience. Am I being too cynical?

Double DVD now out, sounds pretty good, but obviously all was not perfect as Woke Up Dreaming has been put on as an Extra rather than being part of the set list, the sound quality on this track is very variable. Only other Extra is an interview, which contains more guitar work than talking!

The Clapton/Bonamassa lick duel on Further On Up The Road is definitely one of the DVD highlights.

advertisement

Back