advertisement

[FS] Boenicke W5 SE in walnut with stands

Mike S

pfm Member
In excellent unmarked condition. Original boxes and stands. I haven't found these hard to drive and have been using a 25W per channel SS amp but then I'm using them at lowish volume levels in a nearfield setting.
Specs can be found here and a run down of the differences between the three variants. The SE is in the middle and is a significant upgrade on the base W5 but then I would say that.
Quite a few reviews can be easily found on the web.

I believe the current rrp for the american walnut version is currently £7495 plus the price of the stands.
I would like £3500 for the speakers including the stands. They can be shipped but I would prefer collection or meet up. I'm in Leeds.

JoO18YB.jpg

JoO1SkP.jpg

JoO1v2V.jpg

These are just brilliant for small listening spaces. Physically Inobtrusive, yet with the sound presence of floorstanders.
I love my W5's. Have a bump on me.

These are quite incredible performers particularly given their diminutive proportions (I have the very same but in core ash finish). More than capable of filling a larger room with impressive authority (mine 18’ x 13’) which just seems to be contrary to the perceived laws of physics. Okay, don’t quite dig out the bass of my previous Shahinians and PMC’s but for domestic bliss (very high WAF) a compromise I’ll happily live with. Incidentally I see the OP has the side firing woofers facing inwards which seems logical and just as I had them. Just out of curiosity I switched them around and, what do you know, the soundstage noticeably improved (not that it was too shabby to start with). GLWTS, someone’s in for a treat.

advertisement

Back