advertisement

Boenicke Owners.......

Might be in the same position myself soon, if I can conjour enough money somehow, plus convince myself that they are that much money’s worth better than Auris Poison 1’s

Congrats.

I’ve got a pair of W8s. They’re fairly easy to position, just play with the distance from the back wall, and give it a go with woofers facing in and outwards and see what’s your preference.

Main thing is to have an amp that can drive them without clipping. If you have the grunt then they can sound truly amazing regardless of size.

Congrats.

I’ve got a pair of W8s. They’re fairly easy to position, just play with the distance from the back wall, and give it a go with woofers facing in and outwards and see what’s your preference.

Main thing is to have an amp that can drive them without clipping. If you have the grunt then they can sound truly amazing regardless of size.
What are you using with your W8's?

I originally had my Marantz MA-5s, 30w class A and they sounded fab.

Now I’ve got a Perreaux 150i integrated and they sound just as fab but with even more headroom.

Good choice Sir! I have a pair of W13s, have demoed W8s in my home and a couple of weeks ago heard the W5s in someone else’s home, actually it was the home of a Hi-Fi manufacturer, so that’s a good sign for sure. They sounded sublime.

I have found the W13s remarkably unfussy with regard to positioning in my room but here’s a few notes. Their remarkable space and 3D imaging was strong wherever I placed them, but is at its best with them toed in almost facing me but not quite. Imaging was still strong with them facing me directly but top-end was just a little more natural with the tweeter just slightly out from my ear-axis. Toeing them so that they crossed in front of me was not so good. They don’t lose much even when placed close to the rear wall, though the front of mine are around 65cm from the wall. With regard to distance between them, again they are great wherever, but I found a sweet spot. I ended up with them 2.5m apart, with my listening position being around 2.2m from each. When wider the speakers didn't quite "disappear", when closer the sound was a little less spacious.

I found the W8s equally unfussy though as they were small I could bring them right out into the room and then indulged in some close-field listening, just 1.4m from me and 2m apart. The holographic imaging was crazy-good. My room has a tendency for a boomy bass and I found the woofers pointing into each other worked best for controlled bass. Again toed in.

When I heard the W5s they were facing directly forward with little toe-in and around 2m apart, 1.5m from the rear wall. I think the woofers were pointing inside though I don’t quite remember. They were awesome. An incredible sound for any speaker, but when you account for their size they are simply extraordinary. Let us know how you get on.

Hi

I am on the same journey as duckworp and find his other thread very useful.

Quick question, are there any owners in the north \ midlands of the uk ? Only current demo options are Scotland or to buy a pair and return if not to my liking.

Cheers.

Hi

I am on the same journey as duckworp and find his other thread very useful.

Quick question, are there any owners in the north \ midlands of the uk ? Only current demo options are Scotland or to buy a pair and return if not to my liking.

Cheers.

Elite in Scotland may ship a demo to you with a deposit. They have W8s on demo.

They seem a good bunch up there. I’ve been emailing with them last week about W5SEs. Wish I was nearer as I bet the demo rooms are tasty.

advertisement

Back