advertisement

Bodging a face screen

2ManyBoxes

pfm Member
We used to think of ourselves as world class bodgers. Looking at one of those full face screens, there doesn't seem to be that much to them. I was wondering if one could not be bodged together in a Blue Peter style.

The clear face part could be done with a single OHP slide. Each day after use you could wash that in soapy water.

The second component is the strip that bends around your forehead. I wondered about using one of those bendy thick strips that you could get once upon a time for drawing complex curves. However, I couldn't think of a way of attaching that to the clear screen.

The third part is an elastic strap to keep it all on. The elastic bit of some old underpants maybe, but would that be strong enough? Perhaps if you doubled it up?

This might give us all something to think about anyway :)

QnVqI19.jpg

You know, that might not be too far off the mark. Tampax cover something long and thin and have moisture absorbency, they just look a bit narrow to cover a wide open mouth. If you keep your mouth open just a bit and don't cough or sneeze, maybe they're better than nothing. It might not be a good idea breathing in some of the stuff that's in them though.

The obvious problem is that people will panic buy with truly horrible consequences. It's probably already started.

Can i use my chainsaw helmet?

That's not a bad idea. Exactly the same principle i.e. trying to stop high speed things hitting you in the face whilst keeping your hands free. They look pretty substantial, they should withstand being washed a few times. Unlike the medical version they're not designed to be thrown away :)

A4 sheet of clear acetate. Check
Strip of polyethylene amplifier packing foam. Check.
Double sided tape. Check.
Strip of elastic. Check.
Spare 10 minutes. Oh yes.
Job done.

Could just put a pair of underpants over your head, the Y front forming a natural mask.
My mate Ivor changes his once a week whether he needs to or not. Stick them on and no-one would be anywhere near you due to the appalling smell and the strikingly accurate simulated Kovid 19 symptoms. Also there is no way the virus could possibly survive the ammonia in the gusset.

advertisement

Back