advertisement

Bob Moog RIP

stephen bennett said:
It was waiting to be loaded into a flight case at the Marquee club in London and someone just peed on it! I was glad of that plastic casing......

Eeeueghh!!!!

Those "guitar" synths were SOOOO cool! I remember them and those naff digital hexagonal drumpads that bands like Kajagoogoo used to use on TOTP when I was around 8-ish (1983) - I've always fancied one of those.

As for Moog himself - totally gutted :( He was a genius - anyone who can popularise the Theremin AND create a new instrument (ignoring RCA's impractical synth) is pretty amazing.

I own "Switched on Bach", but feel I might go for the sleazier end of the "Moog legacy" and dig out my "Moog at the movies" 8track soon - the rendition of "Live and let die" is flippin' awesome!

By the way - you're not that Stephen Bennett are you? The one from Henry Fool etc.? If so when's the follow-up?

Grimble said:
By the way - you're not that Stephen Bennett are you? The one from Henry Fool etc.? If so when's the follow-up?

Thanks for asking Grimble

I am indeed that Stephen Bennett (Not the rocket scientist or American mustachio'd guitarist. Or the referee.)

As for henry fool, we've recorded almost all the backing tracks and are doing the overdubs & vocals as I write. I'm hoping for an early 2006 release (I know - I was hoping for an early 2002 release! :D )

I seem to have accidentally started making films, which gets in the way a bit.

Just don't tell Nick Lees.........

:rolleyes:

Reagrds

Stephen

I've always enjoyed the Moog's more dubious pleasures that launched releases like these:

enlargement.jpg

moogbeatles.jpg

romanticmoog.jpg

enlargement.jpg

enlargement.jpg

enlargement.jpg

enlargement.jpg

enlargement.jpg

enlargement.jpg

enlargement.jpg

moogbig.jpg

R.I.P., Bob!