advertisement

Bob Harris Saturday Night BBC Radio 2

I really wish that one of the channels would do a repeat of all of the OGWT shows, beginning to end.

Yep, Bob (and R2 & 3 in general) have turned me on to some great stuff. Re: OGWT, it seems to be the same old clips. Have they loads of great stuff in the vaults, or have they wiped some priceless gems?

I listened to Bob for hlf an hour - the bloke is a grade A plonker but he does play some great music - not many people play tracs by Rosie Thomas - made me did out the album this morning.

Glenda

Whispering Bob Harris was an institution on the OGWT on the Beeb but I just do not think he cuts the mustard on Radio 2. The Bob Harris Country program, IMHO is awful. His knowledge of accoustic American traditional music is so limited and the way he sucks up to musicians is painful. Nick Barraclough was far better and more knowledgeable than BH but of course his in a bluegrass musician. I can remember him from Cambridge FF days

I think that Bob Harris' show on a Saturday night is great and he has turned me on to a lot of new artists whom I would never have heard of otherwise (including Rosie Thomas). I just wish that there was an easy way to get the show onto my Ipod.

One of the more interesting aspects of last Saturday show was when B H plonked some vinyl on .. gave a sudden lift to my FM reception

Other than that I find Bob Harris show to be wonderful, enjoyable & instructive. What music radio should be.

(Incidentally some of his jingles are also done my one of our local bands "The Storys")

advertisement

Back