advertisement

Bluetooth turntables - experiences?

Fretbuzz

pfm Member
Has anyone tried one?

I still have a few mainly sentimental records but no space for a turntable to be a permanent fixture in the current set up (sold it all off after a house move, with most records).

Wondered if hooking a Bluetooth turntable (to the Hugo 2) would do – something like this to bring out occasionally Project T1 BT White | Bluetooth Turntable | Richer Sounds .

I understand the compromise, but thoughts/experiences welcome.
Cheers.

£200/400 Do you have a shelf/bookcase or Wall mounted version
T2W £899 all the bells & whistles
T2 W is an audacious attempt to marry analogue vinyl playback with digital convenience, and one that Pro-Ject manages to pull off with zest. At its core is a belt-drive turntable with 9in aluminium tonearm and Sumiko MM cartridge, plus electronic speed control, but elevating the T2 W is an integrated wireless module that lets owners stream their music to networked speakers and hi-fi systems. The ‘Pro-Ject Control’ app makes setup and operation easy, with options including lossless 48kHz/24-bit FLAC output and automatic streaming when you drop the needle. Spinning discs, while integrating the vinyl format into a ‘modern’ system, has never been easier.
T2-W-2.png

EISA-Award-Pro-Ject-T2-W.png

Pro-Ject-T2-W_web.jpg

Don't dismiss the Cambridge Audio Alva (esp second hand) - I had one and used the BT a fair bit, it was certainly one of these "much better than you thought it would be" experiences!

This is what you need.

Thanks for the suggestions - will have a look in to them. The 'Sound Burger's is certainly new to me! Interesting idea.

couldn’t any turntable or phono stage be run through a bluetooth trasmitter?

Not sure. The idea is to have one I can just pull out every now and again and not have to connect it to the main system. Plonk it on a table.

Might sound daft too, but I know if I install a permanent one I'll go down the rabbit hole again - tweaking it and just buying more records... 😬

advertisement

Back