advertisement

Bluetooth 'Speaker to wifi - possible?

bonesetter

pfm Member
I've got a Loewe speaker to go I use for outside, and occasionally in different rooms in the house

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CVQU35I/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

It's good quality sound, having 2 full range drivers and a base port

However, it's bluetooth only and now I would like to 'stream' to the Loewe from an Auralic Aries, which is wifi only. Iuse an iPad with wifi as remote control

Is there any way around this?

Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Your Loewe speaker is not only Bluetooth. It also has an Aux in.

Search Amazon for a wireless audio sender. Feed the sender from the Aries and the receiver end into the Loewe.

And Robert is your Fathers' Brother.

You can get Bluetooth transmitters that could be fed from the Aries - but then you are limited to Bluetooth transmission distance, which is largely in room only.

Hmmm, wireless audio sender. That is a solution, and thanks for the reply

These units need powering though, so outside and room switching is not that easy

Plus it's another box to faff with

The sender is the only fix I suppose?

May have to look for another speaker as it's only for casual listening so sound quality is not important

PlugPlayer, as well as giving control over your music library, can turn your iPad into a UPnP streamer. This will allow you to access your library on an iPad and play it on the iPad itself, you can then send the audio via Bluetooth to your speaker.

http://www.plugplayer.com

Cool, I was confident it would. I use PlugPlayer as it's a comptent control app for my DS and it alllow me to use Apple TV in rooms where a DS is too costly as a DS. It all works nice and seamlessly. I have also used it with headphones and Bluetooth.

Thankyou very much for coming in - was going to buy another speaker, so for the cost of a fiver for the app, you've done me well :)

advertisement

Back