advertisement

Bluesound. Any users?

Matt, it's a means to an end really. Hopefully a simple way to listen to Tidal Masters. Anything to avoid having to Feck about with a PC

I will also say that Radio Paradise that is integrated in the BS app is very good for discovering new music. It's very eclectic and interesting and you can go directly from what you hear in RP to that album in the Tidal menu.

I will also say that Radio Paradise that is integrated in the BS app is very good for discovering new music. It's very eclectic and interesting and you can go directly from what you hear in RP to that album in the Tidal menu.

That sounds excellent.

Don't forget the BS players ability to act as a Roon Endpoint should you have Roon Core on your laptop/desktop.

I agree, Radio Paradise is pretty good - but not in any way specific to BS. You can listen to Radio Paradise on pretty much any stream player, and even just a web browser at http://www.radioparadise.com/

As promised by Lee at Strictly Stereo (excellent service and smashing fella) my Vault 2 arrived yesterday. Wife was out on a shopping day with her mates so perfect timing.

First impressions count and the Vault 2 has the wow factor - and that's just the packaging. It's better than Apple and that's saying something.

I opted for black and the 'rubbery' finish is lovely but the unit is disappointingly light as I have a preference for heavy Hifi.

The quick start guide is superb. It's all connected up. Now I just have to fathom out the app and get it to work. Wish me luck.

Credit where it's due Lee.

A few hiccups but now up and running. Just need to familiarise myself with the app etc.

This whole quest was (if anyone remembers that far back) to enable me to listen to Tidal Masters MQA without having to Feck about with a computer. Thanks to the Vault 2 I have now achieved that.

As for Tidal Masters and MQA I'm decidedly underwhelmed on first listenings. Now why might that be?

I am coming into this conversation a bit late. I have used the BS Node 2 for just over one year. I have a SSD plugged into the back with lossless files. Does exactly what I wanted, put the digital output into a Chord Mojo and it is pretty impressive. The built in DAC is not too shabby but not quite in Mojo territory.
The biggest changes have been in the App ( I used the iOs version). It is stable, updated quite regularly and intuitive. All told, I am very happy with it.

Credit where it's due Lee.

A few hiccups but now up and running. Just need to familiarise myself with the app etc.

This whole quest was (if anyone remembers that far back) to enable me to listen to Tidal Masters MQA without having to Feck about with a computer. Thanks to the Vault 2 I have now achieved that.

As for Tidal Masters and MQA I'm decidedly underwhelmed on first listenings. Now why might that be?

I thought the first part of the ''unwrapping'' process could only be done with software ie. PC.

Does the DAC tell you if it is playing 24/192 ? from Tidal Masters.

Leave the DAC switched on for a couple of days to 'burn in'.

The Bluesound app tells you when you play an MQA file. The logo that normally says either CD or HD says MQA with a little blue dot beside it. I have no way of confirming this by measurement of course.

I don't mind MQA but I wasn't bowled over either. In the end it's all about the mastering and recording. I used to try a Mojo with the Node too but have gone back to Node by itself. Mojo may be slightly more transparent/detailed but the Node has a bit more weight/warmth down low I prefer.

16/44.1 is more than good enough to do justice to well recorded music I think. I like Schiit Multibit DAC for Redbook audio. Just leave the Multibit on at all times.

Been busy in my workshop today but have had numerous coffee breaks spent listening to Radio Paradise which is a revelation. I love it. I've also been ripping CDs which is simplicity itself. Literally just Bing a CD into the slot.

Big question though. How the hell do I get the artists into alphabetical order.

If it's in your favourite albums from Tidal you can't in the BS app. Favourite albums are sorted from album title.

advertisement

Back