advertisement

Blue Jeans Cable goes Foo...

tuga

Legal Alien
Introducing Iconoclast Cable,
from Belden and Blue Jeans Cable

Are they expensive? Yes, certainly, in relation to our usual offerings; in relation to the "high end" audio cable market, not so much; in relation to the high cost of developing and producing these designs, not at all. Are they worth it? Obviously those of us with more modest systems can find other cost-effective ways to improve audio quality, and as we've said above, there's no denying that conventional designs work very well indeed. But if you are one of those who is reaching for the utmost in audio quality, and you're interested in whether wire and cable can play a role in that, please give them a try.

We've had many opportunities over our years in business to associate ourselves with one line or another of "high-end" audio products; we have bins full of samples sent to us by factories and sales representatives. But we never took any of these proposals very seriously, until one day Steve Lampen, then a sort of technical-rep/evangelist for Belden, whispered to us that there was a real cable engineer at Belden who not only thought that different audio cable formulas sounded different, but thought he knew why and was going to do something about it. A year later we met Galen Gareis, and here we are with the most well-engineered product we can imagine.

Interested? Read more at iconoclastcable.com and, while you're there, look into Galen's design papers, found here.

Have any of you tried them? If not how do you know that they are worth the money to you or not?

Have any of you tried them? If not how do you know that they are worth the money to you or not?

I never mentioned “worth” nor am I likely ever to find out either. I don’t understand your point, they might be the best things since sliced bread and worth every penny but I won’t be spending 2k plus on speaker cables regardless.

Gosh, my old QED 79 strand is so old it’s probably collectable.
If I put it up on eBay I don’t think I would get 2000 Dollars for it though...

The opportunity cost for 2 pieces of 4 meter speaker wire with bananas is only 62 pairs of actual bluejeans at AMZ (Levis 501).

I noticed that last year (could have been two years ago) Belden introduced some 'audiophile' grade cables - created by a 'cable designer' no less. I asked a few questions of Belden but all the answers seemed to be entirely marketing led (as did the prices).

I never mentioned “worth” nor am I likely ever to find out either. I don’t understand your point, they might be the best things since sliced bread and worth every penny but I won’t be spending 2k plus on speaker cables regardless.

Ok.

My primary problem with these Belden ‘audiophile’ cables is this:

A/ Belden have access to huge resources and, B/ none of the materials, or construction principles, are unique. As such I feel they they have let the marketing department set the price and I believe they could easily have brought these cables to the market at a third, to a quarter, of the prices (particularly considering the big price jumps for, what are, quite cheap production changes). As a result, the whole thing strikes me as, primarily, a marketing exercise.

My primary problem with these Belden ‘audiophile’ cables is this:

A/ Belden have access to huge resources and, B/ none of the materials, or construction principles, are unique. As such I feel they they have let the marketing department set the price and I believe they could easily have brought these cables to the market at a third, to a quarter, of the prices (particularly considering the big price jumps for, what are, quite cheap production changes). As a result, the whole thing strikes me as, primarily, a marketing exercise.

Have you not read the White Papers...and Clear Answers? :cool:

https://www.iconoclastcable.com/story/index.htm

I'd call it a making loads'a'mony exercise.

advertisement

Back