advertisement

Blown Thule IA50 integrated amplifier

dibraz

This packed up yesterday. The thing I think might have caused it was switching on the wall socket plug while the power button was still 'on'. One of the 5A fuses indicated is clearly blown, other than that, I have no idea. Is that consistent with a power spike? Can attempt to replace that fuse tomorrow but if that doesn't work is there someone here who could look at it? Its not mine but borrowed from partner and has been working fine for 25+ years, never been serviced, so that might be useful to get done too. I'm not into electronics
Thanks

Images https://imgur.com/a/ZniL6yP
JDwkOl

ZniL6yP

Did you change the fuse? It is there to protect the amp against what you describe. Let us know how you get on.

Hi thanks for that. Yes I replaced the 5A fuse and the new one immediately blew again. All the other fuses are fine, so there's some other fault. I'd like to get it fixed and looked at. Its been a while since I was posting on this forum. I'd appreciate any pointers. I'm not sure if there's an Thule IA50 wiring diagram available. I did a search and someone had the IA60. Many thanks

"I'd do it but not for quite a while.... too much on with other stuff right now"​

That's good to hear, I just looked you up. I'm 90 mins drive away in the Eden valley - could drop it off with you, no hurry. Thanks, David

advertisement

Back