advertisement

Black or Bronze?

Chops54

pfm Member
Having lost my Black stylus ( I think one of our cats was responsible ) I’m considering replacing it with a Bronze. A friend had a Bronze and I always enjoyed listening to his system. He upgraded the stylus to a Black and I never thought his system sounded quite as good after that. The Bronze in his system always sounded that bit smoother and dare I say it less stressful. I have a Hana SL in my other turntable and when that finally wears out I’m probably going to try an ML. It seems to be much more popular than the SL and I believe the stylus profile is similar to the Bronze. Maybe it’s just me but I feel the Shibata set up needs to be spot on or it sounds off where as the ML profile is much more forgiving. Any thoughts?

I'd agree, getting a shibata spot-bollock on setup is more critical, a microline is more forgiving in that regard. I have a 2M Black too and if and when it is new stylus time, I'd probably consider a bronze.

I have the Bronze stylus installed. Sounds quite nice. Bass is a touch soft but overall it’s very pleasant. I know these can take some time to run in so it’s early days yet.

advertisement

Back