advertisement

Bird of Prey 1-0 Addenbrookes Hospital

That explains why we saw one up in the air yesterday. It would seem that the air ambulance pad at Addenbrookes is not designed for an aircraft with such a large downwash. Whodathoughtit? Maybe they need to produce a proper asphalt pad.

One for 'Airclues' I think.

A few are based at Mildenhall, and are frequently in the air, so they’re not an unusual sight in the east of England.

Mildenhall & Lakenheath seem to use Northants as a way marker then. There were some F-15s circling around here a few weeks ago. I'd forgotten how epic they are for a 30+ year old plane.

Never understood how helicopters work. Must look it up sometime. That one looks very fancy, wonder how much they cost each?

Never understood how helicopters work. Must look it up sometime. That one looks very fancy, wonder how much they cost each?
They work on the principle of a careful balancing of a considerable number of substantial forces, mostly working in opposition and held in equilibrium by the skill of a pilot whose key attribute is their ability to ensure hope continues to transcend logic.

I was going to post this yesterday.. Didn't think it would be of much interest here.

Something that hasn't been mentioned is that this has taken out the helipad at the regional MTC. Fortunately Cambridge Airport is close, but that's still an ambulance transfer to Addi's

I'm sure they'll have a new one layed down by the end of tonight.

The Osprey is a long way from being a helicopter!

I’ve been turning spanners on helicopters for twelve years now, and they’re complex machines. Fixed wing aircraft are quite simple things, made complex the the tech. Even a simple helicopter is a weird thing.

Following the debacle of the failed rescue during the Iran hostage crisis, the US decided it needed to move SOF fast at a long distance and then land in a small space when it got there. The Osprey is an example of meeting a need w/out pesky things like complex design and probably having a high maintenance demand getting in the way; just chuck money at it, it's worth it.

advertisement

Back