advertisement

Binoculars

raysablade

pfm Member
I've had a pair of Eschenbach Trophy binoculars for probably 20 years. I find them to be a fine general purpose tool and all I've ever needed.

We are going away to Scotland for 3 weeks tomorrow and I can't find them:(

We have done a Iot of decorating and building work this year, so I suspect that I will find them eventually, but I would like something to use whilst I am away.

Any suggestions for a compact pair of general purpose binoculars for under £100? Would have to be from a bricks and mortar retailer. I'm in Glasgow tomorrow.

I've had a pair of Eschenbach Trophy binoculars for probably 20 years. I find them to be a fine general purpose tool and all I've ever needed.

We are going away to Scotland for 3 weeks tomorrow and I can't find them:(

We have done a Iot of decorating and building work this year, so I suspect that I will find them eventually, but I would like something to use whilst I am away.

Any suggestions for a compact pair of general purpose binoculars for under £100? Would have to be from a bricks and mortar retailer. I'm in Glasgow tomorrow.

Look for something used on Ebay would be my advise, these days you won't find much of anything of quality on that budget. ...But I see you're in a rush.

Are there any high street charity shops in the area? Perfectly decent binoculars can often be found in them for low cost - worth considering as an emergency stop-gap.

I think that is what I will do. A look at what is available is pretty uninspiring.

If you’re still in Glasgow on Monday lunchtime, I’m traveling up (train due into the city at noon) and am happy to lend you my vintage Leitz pair that are amazingly clear and sharp, I much prefer them to my larger high end Leica pair tbh as they’re so much lighter - PM me if interested

If you’re still in Glasgow on Monday lunchtime, I’m traveling up (train due into the city at noon) and am happy to lend you my vintage Leitz pair that are amazingly clear and sharp, I much prefer them to my larger high end Leica pair tbh as they’re so much lighter - PM me if interested

Many thanks for the offer. Unfortunately on Monday I'll be in Campbeltown.

Mentioned this to my long suffering wife and she asked if we couldn't get something less bulky? That got me thinking that, on the assumption that I will find my old pair eventually, i should be looking for something complementary rather than a direct replacement. I'm therefore going to try Jessops for a pair of these Pentax Papilio's. They even have a tripod mount!

I faced similar Ray when wanting compact to keep in the car and tried buying cheap but returned them each time as the quality drop was just too much from my old Nikon Egret II 8x40 that I use at home. So I doubled your budget and have been happy with these Kiowa 8x25

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001H0FHXM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for them. I'd prefer to buy from a bricks and mortar retailer but i guess Amazon would deliver to somewhere on my route through Scotland.

I recommend the Kowa yf porro bins. Truly excellent, and inexpensive.

They might do a job if I cant find my old ones.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back