advertisement

Billy Bragg...

No, No I can't have that

"I look like Robert De Niro and drive a Mitsubushi Pajero" is one the best lines ever...

As others have said Billy is doing 3 night stints in the UK later this year, two gigs retrospective early album material only and one all the hits! Me with friends and family are going as a gang to the final night in Bristol.

He is great live - always enjoy singing along with him and listening to his between song banter

I seem to remember someone, (maybe Phil jupitus?) doing a comedy version of sexuality called beastiality. Always worth a chuckle. So that makes the original ok with me.

No, No I can't have that

"I look like Robert De Niro and drive a Mitsubushi Pajero" is one the best lines ever...

As others have said Billy is doing 3 night stints in the UK later this year, two gigs retrospective early album material only and one all the hits! Me with friends and family are going as a gang to the final night in Bristol.

He is great live - always enjoy singing along with him and listening to his between song banter
He also had 'relations with girls from many nations', it is terrible

I seem to remember someone, (maybe Phil jupitus?) doing a comedy version of sexuality called beastiality. Always worth a chuckle. So that makes the original ok with me.
Phil Jupitus, started out as Porkie the Poet I understand. A very unfunny man mostly unemployed since the demise of the irritating music quiz.

Phil Jupitus......A very unfunny man

One of those comedians I have literally never even smiled at anything I've heard them say. Along with John Bishop and Michael McIntyre.

He does have a rather special collection of every cover variant of Ian Dury's 'Do It Yourself' though, so I'll let him off.

28378501_1496685510458109_4040355924262967515_n.jpg

The gag about hitting the Pope's ring with a hammer being what happens when he forgets his safe word that caused Sandi to high-five him... for example

Sexuality is one of the worst songs ever written.

It’s a song of its time and whilst it does handle the subject matter in a bit of a ham-fisted way at at times, no song that references Red Star Belgrade could ever be considered one of the worst songs of all time (imho).

I thing BB is one of England’s greatest songwriters.

It’s a song of its time and whilst it does handle the subject matter in a bit of a ham-fisted way at at times, no song that references Red Star Belgrade could ever be considered one of the worst songs of all time (imho).

I thing BB is one of England’s greatest songwriters.
Well we will never agree on this, you would have to really stretch the definition of greatest; he could possibly make the top 100;)

#21 Mitsubishi Zero wasn't it?

Although seeing him live around that time he changed it to 'I look like Boris Becker, on the side of a double decker'

As with Leonard Cohen, a lot more humour in the guy than some reports would have you believe.

And Workers Playtime is a dream of an LP, especially the last 4 songs

And Workers Playtime is a dream of an LP, especially the last 4 songs

I remember a radio 1 in concert, 'where the question on everyone's lips is who paid Arthur Scargill's fine', thinking he'd sound fantastic with a band, as he played A13 with Wiggy. Workers Playtime is the fruition of that for me - Great Leap Forwards is a masterpiece

One of those comedians I have literally never even smiled at anything I've heard them say. Along with John Bishop and Michael McIntyre.

He does have a rather special collection of every cover variant of Ian Dury's 'Do It Yourself' though, so I'll let him off.

28378501_1496685510458109_4040355924262967515_n.jpg

...and temporarily replaced the late Ian Dury as lead singer with The Blockheads for a while!

'The Home Front' last track on Talking With The Taxman About Poetry is one of my favourite songs ever - Never fails to put a lump in my throat that one.

Anyone else from oop north like me find themselves putting on a darn sarf accent, 'innit, geezer, do what? when singing along with Bragg after a few beers?:D

advertisement

Back