advertisement

Bill Evans Trio Sunday At The Village Vanguard

RickyC6

Infuriate the frog-men
Can the cool jazz fishies recommend me a vinyl issue of this that doesn't cost silly money but still sounds delightful?

I would recommend looking out for a good second hand copy. I've seen plenty about over the years and bought the complete Sessions double album on Milestone, Carrere Distribution a few years ago for £5/£6, its in perfect condition and sounds sublime.

I've not got one to hand, but I'm prepared to bet the bog standard 70s-80s Original Jazz Classics issue will be very nice. They always are, and you shouldn't have to pay much for one either. If you want to spend more then Japanese pressings of the same era would be nice.

I have to admit I flogged my 60s original UK copy of Waltz For Debbie in the pfm shop a few years back as I can't imagine not playing the Complete Village Vanguard 3xCD box, it sounds superb and contains the whole thing. Everyone should own that one!

PS The Milestones issue mentioned above will be very nice too, almost certainly the two OJC masters of SATVV and WFD repackaged (i.e. complete as in both released albums, but not the complete sessions which is three CDs worth).

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Cheers chaps...will have a scan at Discogs.
PS think I might have bought your Waltz For Debbie!

PS The Milestones issue mentioned above will be very nice too, almost certainly the two OJC masters of SATVV and WFD repackaged (i.e. complete as in both released albums, but not the complete sessions which is three CDs worth).

Thanks Tony. Yes that's what I meant!

Bah, this Milestones issue is a tad too surface noisy when in headphones. Tony can you link me to best CD complete please? Doh you already did. Ta.

advertisement

Back