advertisement

Biggest selling single of the summer is ..

gassor

There may be more posts after this.
Won't surprise any of his fans on here, but "DaBaby's Rockstar was the UK's biggest-selling song of the summer, says the Official Charts Company." Lady Gaga and Jason Derulo fans I feel your pain!

I was surprised at how many were by "So-and-so Featuring So-and-so". I wonder what the reason is behind why it seems to be a successful formula.

Dunno, but it does call to mind Lou Reed's comments about 'jazz-rock': 'If you can't do good jazz, and you can't do good rock, why not put the two together and make one big piece of shit'.

I was surprised at how many were by "So-and-so Featuring So-and-so". I wonder what the reason is behind why it seems to be a successful formula.
I imagine the attraction is that you get two sets of fans buying the product, fans of So-and-so I, and fans of the featured So-and-so II.

Curiously there is a contrary trend among the more hipsterish acts, where an artist will go by several monikers, in an attempt to avoid build up anything quite so vulgar as a sizeable following.

Feels to me that this trend was started by despacito. I do wonder if there is actually some kind of SEO reason to do this to get more hits on youtube or whatever?

advertisement

Back