advertisement

Big Album Bake Off: the results...

windhoek

The Phoolosopher
First of all, big thanks to everybody who voted and commented because, without your participation, the bake-offs would have been purely hypothetical: with your help, however, they're simply hypothetical :)

BABO #1: Rio 2 - 24 New Gold Dream
Although I rate New Gold Dream better myself, I’m surprised Rio got humped as much as it did as it has some excellent tracks on it and, as my sister used to tell me back in the '80s, apparently they're gorgeous.

BABO #2: The Original Soundtrack 6 - 12 Crime of the Century
Although both bands could craft great songs and both albums had great songs, I agree, Crime of the Century is just that bit better.

BABO #3: Dummy 17 - 10 Protection
Again, the right decision as Dummy is just that bit more definitive.

BABO #4: Appetite For Destruction 10 -2 Slippery When Wet
Fair do’s.

BABO #4.5: Déjà Vu 7 - 8 Desperado
As close as I thought it would be and the right decision in the end.

BABO #5: Gaucho 12 - 18 The Nightfly
A bit cruel to put these two up against each other and although I thought it would have been closer I agree Th Nightfly is just that bit better.

BABO #6: For Your Pleasure 12 - 13 Remain In Light
As close as I'd hoped it would be... but you guys got it wrong. The Bogus Man could easily have been a Talking Heads track off Remain in Light and once you tune into its vibe, it's hard to say For Your Pleasure isn't the great influencer of the great Remain In Light, just as Plato was the great influencer of the great Aristotle.

BABO #7: The Bonanza
Hunky Dory 17
Kind of Blue 16
Dark Side of the Moon 12
Sgt. Pepper’s 11
Innervisions 6
The Stone Roses 5
Brothers In Arms 3
Thriller 3
Ricochet 2

Although I love Hunky dory, I thought it would come second or third in the poll. I also thought Brothers In Arms could've been a contender for a top-three finish so what do I know!

This concludes the Easter weekend diversion from your normally scheduled programming.

advertisement

Back