advertisement

[FS] Beyerdynamic T1 Tesla 2nd Gen Headphones

lawrence001

Basic Member
Well reviewed headphones, a significant upgrade on the DT880s. They come with the box, case, cable and a pair of spare pads. They are the best (IMHO) Gen2 version (still 600ohm like Gen1 but with detachable cable). They work surprisingly well with my phone as they are higher sensitivity (having the Tesla magnet) than the 880/990s.

I'm only selling as I have too many headphones and need to raise funds due to buying too much stuff recently. I'm really a Sennheiser (HD650) guy as well.

There is some wear to the headband, the worst shown in the photos. Most pairs I see for sale have this, it is because of the soft padding. You can get a protective cover that goes over cheap on eBay.

The cable is a braided Beyerdynamic branded but it's only 1.6m not the usual 3m. This is how I got them and it suited me better but YMMV so just to be aware.

£350 collected from N London or plus postage by RMSD (should be under £15).

bbac48a87c406453e5811454a16b0156.jpg

393d8097db3b3894eb10e4a5c22d6652.jpg

f63f3444d9b61a52d1dc1b04c369025e.jpg

I should add these were £850 originally and many compare and prefer them to the Sennheiser HD800 so they are very good value!

I listened to the HD800 and they were never for me, despite all the hype.

How are you getting on with the HD600s? Btw, Sennheiser changed the HD600 pads from 2018 onwards which made them sound a bit hotter in the trebles/less warm - I prefer the older pads so you might want to bear this in mind.

For me, HD600 with older model pads > HD650 >>> newer HD600 pads.

I should have said, these Beyers are very good and most would prefer them to the HD650s I imagine. 95% of my headphone listening is in bed drifting off to sleep to music like Max Richter and Brian Eno so I need boring warm sounding headphones or I stay awake.

I borrowed a pair of 800s and didn't keep them for long. These Beyers have a more balanced richer sound and no exaggerated soundstage. I also prefer them to the Focals I owned for a few weeks.

The 600s are interesting I hadn't realised they had changed the pads, the build is also lighter than the pairs I've had before. But they broadly sound as I remember, I'll dig out some old pads and try those I'm sure I've got some spares.

advertisement

Back