advertisement

Better Amps to power Focal Sopra 2

Would highly recommend trying some Nord amplifiers.
I use to have Nord one up in the past and it was great although it needs a very high class preamplifier to work it magic.

Maybe a GamuT integrated. They surely sound great and they Are power full. By the way as a former Gryphon owner. They Are not bright sounding but more relaxed i would say.

yes i used belles mb100 monoblocks with my focal utopia and 1028be , but the msb was a big leap up in performance . that said i would have them again as relatively easy to accommodate

Its well reported that the sia025 often is preferred/beats the Naim 500/552!
It's also well reported that Brexit's a really good idea...

Best suggestion is a NAP300, a DR in preference. but if it was me, I'd be going to Avondale for a couple of their Qudos boards. They'll really transform your 250, only a complete numpty would struggle to fit them, you'll keep the best aspects of the Naim sound, and are easily reversible. Oh, and cost peanuts in comparison to the other stuff recommended.

Shameless plug alert. Buy my mint 300 in the classifieds. Listen and enjoy it, it’s a wonderful power amp. Won’t cost you too much to change to it. If you want to DR it at a later stage then you can easily and cost effectively do so. Apologies again for the shameless plug.

yes i used belles mb100 monoblocks with my focal utopia and 1028be , but the msb was a big leap up in performance . that said i would have them again as relatively easy to accommodate

I would expect that msb is a big leap up in performance given that it is around 10x the price of the Belles kit (unless I have go the wrong msb?) ;)

I wonder has anybody heard both Naim Amps and also Gryphon Amps and how do they sound comparing each other?

Your response fails to contributes to the OP’s question and this thread in general, and reminds me why I’m disillusioned with so many forums.
Do you have anything constructive to add :)

Yes
Sell the speakers
Issue solved

Have you considered Vitus amps? Their integrated is superb. It has all the power anyone could need, plus it sounds excellent. It is a tad warmer than Naim gear IME so should partner well with the Focals.

I can comment on gryphon but I do know that Vitus offers much of what Naim does and is a well followed upgrade path. I switched from a nap300/nac252 to their excellent vitus ri-100 and that was a big jump in performance whilst reducing boxes/cables.

the vitus sia-025 is another leap again offering the vitus house organic sound but with more emotion and holographic delivery especially when switched to class A.

https://www.lotushifi.co.uk/moving-from-naim-to-vitus/

my vitus sia-025 is still available for sale and if your local to me would be happy to bring it over for a demo with your system?

advertisement

Back