advertisement

best streaming option..

Mr Cat

Owner
what is the best streaming option out there in the terms of sound quality? - don't mind paying a tenner a month..

as I've got a new audio engine B1 bluetooth receiver and listening via amazon... I've got a kindle but that doesn't support aptX which seems daft..! so, will just be using my laptop... :)

The best streaming will cost more than £10 a month. Tidal hifi is £20 pm & to get a hi res stream from quobuz you have to pay a year at a time, ie no monthly rate. I think it’s £350 a year.
For £10 a month, the regular Tidal is probably fave, except if you heavily favour classical music, where it’s library is a bit limited.

Apple Music if you’re an Apple user, the codec is a very nice sounding one. I couldn’t tell the difference between it and full fat tidal. The issue/mastering chosen has much more inpact

I think Deezer have just gone lossless for £9.99 , free trial 99p three months.

Apple Music if you’re an Apple user, the codec is a very nice sounding one. I couldn’t tell the difference between it and full fat tidal. The issue/mastering chosen has much more inpact

I agree and prefer Apple after having a look around Tidal.

In terms of user interface and selection, Spotify is definitely my favourite, and Tidal the worst (having also tried Deezer and Apple.) For sound quality, as a genuine music source rather than for background or new music discovery, the lossy streams all suck!

thanks for the input guys... will probably check out the Deezer demo for 99p when the amazon one ends... but I'm pleasantly surprised with what I'm hearing so far...

I've happily let my Tidal HiFi level subscription carry on after demo period.
As mentioned previously, I'd also avoid lossless as that tends to sound flat IMHO (Primare i32 with MM30 board into SF Concertino Home).
Classical choice actually not too bad at all and I've got pretty wide-ranging taste.
No Linn though.
Jazz pretty decent selection too.

I think Deezer have just gone lossless for £9.99 , free trial 99p three months.
The 99p deal isn't lossless, it's 320 kbps. The lossless version is £19.99 a month.
Having said that I've just blown 99p on the deal and it sounds very good.

well, been listening to amazon and it's great for me, but not without it's faults...

there an app you can download - I have this on my pc, but depending on what I'm doing, I have to alternate between this and the web browser... and what is the point of playlists if you can't select albums but only songs? - as I added some but you can only see them as songs... :(

with the app you can't add 'albums' to 'my music' - only to playlists...and with the web browser you can't remove albums from 'my music'..

advertisement

Back