advertisement

Best pressing of Eagles Desperado? Nimbus?

What's the best LP pressing of Eagles' Desperado? Available issues have included original release, 180 gram reissue and Nimbus Supercut..

Someone sold the Nimbus Supercut recently for £10 in excellent condition but I missed it :( I'd pay up to £50 for a near mint or mint condition example if anyone has one (on that note I'm interested in any Supercut vinyl with a sticker or stamp on the cover) - gimme a shout :)

alex_superdude said:
What's the best LP pressing of Eagles' Desperado?

This is another set of words where I understand each one individually, but when they are put together in this order just make no sense whatsoever.

I have the Nimbus, IMO it's not absolutely great. OTOH the original pressings may be absolutely rubbish...

Paul

I have the Nimbus, IMO it's not absolutely great.

Those Nimbus pressings are very good indeed IMHO, I’ve compared several against UK 1st or very early pressings (Floyd WYWH, Joni Hissing, RLJ’s 1st) and they all win by quite a margin. It’s far more than pressing quality too, there is more information. I’ve sold the Eagles one a couple of times but I’ve never compared it to an original. I’ve not found any Nimbus cuts for a good while which is a shame as they can be a very good earner!

Tony.

I have the Nimbus 'Desperado' and also Jackson Browne's 'Running on Empty'. Both with 'Hifi Today Supercut' stickers. Unfortunately the sleeves have suffered from general life over the last 25 or so years. I think I'll clean Desperado and give it a listen. As the Eagles go it's one of the better ones.

I think I'm heading for another Tequila Sunrise, time to go to bed being middle aged and all.

Paul

RickyC6 said:
Under a steamroller?

Soz couldn't resist.

Rich

Not getting this... its by far in my opinion their best album. great rock homage to westerns. Some reveiwers have said it doesnt hang together as a concept for this as a couple of songs are going in other directions, but who cares! Sgt pepper is a concept album which fell off its concept after the second track.. I prefer the earlier style to later albums like Hotel California which has dated a bit more.

I promised to return after I received my new Eagles LP's.

Only I didn't.

This is the story. A Swedish HiFi mag reviewed the new vinyl versions of the mentioned Eagles LP's and added that they could be had for a fair price at 'a well known low price mail order company'. That must be Ginza (that is a well known Swedish low price mail order company), I thought and logged on to there site. Sure enough, there they where, marked 'vinyl replica' and everything. I ticked all six.
The other day a small box was received from Ginza. Suspiciously small, an LP could hardly fit inside. ??? went my head. Finally I opened it, and there they where. Six Eagles CD's with vinyl replica cardboard covers!

I have played through the three first ones and they sound quite good, CD or not, particulary the first one. These three I didn't have before, so it was a bit of an occasion hearing 'new' songs with an old fav band!

So, I can't answer the question if the new vinyl ones are good or not...

JohanR

advertisement

Back