advertisement

Best Pre for weighty bass? & for a AVI Lab Series V2 Power amp

Left field suggestion, Merdian 568.2, I used on in a multi-channel/2 channel setup for several years, only sold due to divorce, no shortage of bass slam as several PFMers will confer.

Left field suggestion, Merdian 568.2, I used on in a multi-channel/2 channel setup for several years, only sold due to divorce, no shortage of bass slam as several PFMers will confer.

Interesting suggestion... lack of HDMI is an issue here - I've asked for a home demo of the Audiolab 8200AP surround sound audio processor.

Have my fingers crossed that the technology that they employed in the MDAC is employed in it - will see how it sounds with music!

You can add HDMI to a 568.2MM (note MM version) with a Meridian HD621, but this takes it to a £2K solution s/h.

The 568.2 is very good with music (there are other PFMers using it in 2 channel systems), and its performance handling the full DTS stream from Blu-Ray discs is better than many Japanese AV Receivers handling the high def codecs!!! I tried several against it (and the Arcam AVR400) and always preferred the Meridian.

As an interim measure, why not try to see if it really is the Cyrus having an effect by taking it out of the chain and using the digital volume control on the macbook pro?

Genius! Just tried this and the nice low weighty bass is back. Good! Its the Cyrus sucking all the bass out of the music!

advertisement

Back