advertisement

Best pop singles artists of each decade

I'm too young to give a genuine answer for the 60s and 70s, so I'll say...

Adam and the Ants (I was ten, that's my excuse)

Prodigy

Girls Aloud (I've no excuse for this one)

Kylie is sexless.. mm well I don't actually think she's attractive really, she's like a little rabbit-girl (why spotty teens, and Kasperhauser like her): but for heaven's sake she's god the arse of a nymph goddess, if there is such a thing with such an arse.

but for heaven's sake she's god the arse of a nymph goddess, if there is such a thing with such an arse.

I've seen better.

Anyway, she's just not libidinous enough, it's all too controlled and showbiz to be sexy. She's the Gracie Fields of the popstrels.

-- Ian

No I'm not being an arse Kasper, Ive been informed she's a favourite of yours.

Btw Kylie's music (and the bee gees) is complete shite

60s Beatles/stones
70s Sex Pistols/Kursaal Flyers
80s Bananarama/Madness/UB40
90s Madge/Wham
00s Take That/Robbie

No I'm not being an arse Kasper, Ive been informed she's a favourite of yours.

Btw Kylie's music (and the bee gees) is complete shite

You've been misinformed - I've never knowingly heard her music, and try as I might, I can't bring a picture of her to mind. She's pretty much a non-phenomenon in the states.

But do carry on.

As I recall, they had a couple of hits (Stand and Deliver, Goody Two Shoes, Antmusic) thanks to heavy rotation on MTV. Mind, I was in deepest Arkansas at the time - not much outside culture made it past the "Cotton Curtain".

they were fkng great I thought- I was so obsessed (with the music) it was nuts. Did you know he recently went nuts too/ had to be sectioned iirc-?

60s Beatles/stones
70s Sex Pistols/Kursaal Flyers
80s Bananarama/Madness/UB40
90s Madge/Wham
00s Take That/Robbie

Wham in the 90's Bob?! Did they reform or summat?

I'm loving the Kursaal Flyers emtion though - Little Does She She Know...great song

Cheers

Rich

Hi,

Wham split up in 1986. Take that form in 1990 then split up in 1996 but reformed in 2005.

I too like that Kursaal Flyers's song.

Dean

Not sure about best but some of my faves that haven't been mentioned yet...

60's Donovan
70's Buzzcocks
80's Pil (Pop?)
90's Pulp
00's White Stripes

Dean
Paul Shuttleworth (ex Kursaals) is still strutting his stuff in Southend pubs performing in the Ugly Guys. Check out their myspace page.

I thought of the Buzzcocks for the 70s, but decided they were second to The Fall. But, on second thoughts, you may be right, in a pure pop music sense.

-- Ian

The compilation of their singles (called "Going Steady" I think) is very hard to beat as a collection of pure pop songs.

The idea of Vuk listening to The Fall causes me a good deal of amusement for reasons I cannot quite put my finger on. It would be like Mick listening to Throbbing Gristle or something.

advertisement

Back