advertisement

Best Interconnects for Exposure pre/power?

madscientist

pfm Member
Hi Guys

i have just purchased an Exposure XI,IX,IVDR2 combo and i was wondering what in your experience is the best interconnect to use between the XI and the IVDR2? I am currently using a Cambridge Audio Atlantic which gives great detail but the bass seems a bit thin compared to my previous VI/VII/XVIII set up. Any advice welcome from the Exposure fan club?
Thanks
Paul

Hi Guys

i have just purchased an Exposure XI,IX,IVDR2 combo and i was wondering what in your experience is the best interconnect to use between the XI and the IVDR2? I am currently using a Cambridge Audio Atlantic which gives great detail but the bass seems a bit thin compared to my previous VI/VII/XVIII set up. Any advice welcome from the Exposure fan club?
Thanks
Paul

Paul,

I like LINN SILVER IC between the XXI and the IVDR

I've been using Linn Silver in the past and it's ok. Now using Ensemble Dynaflux which is miles better IMO. The old version of Chord Anthem might work too if you need a cheap cable. I wouldn't touch the new chords if you want maximum attack as they really are a bit too soft and dull IMO.

Hi Paul, given that Exposure sounds very like Naim i'd suggest a call to Dave at Flashback Cables.

Super chap, high quality kit at sensible price, an IC will be around £25.

I have used Flashback SNAICs and think they are very good indeed.

Another option would be Chord Cobra.

Regards, Mark

Hi Paul,
I have used Flash back on my Naim and seams good, not used it on my Exposure XXV though.

NVA sound cords are a very clear neutral cable, also if you don't like it you can get a no quibble refund.

I have just ordered some soundstable interconnects so will let people know how I get on with those.

Simon

What works with Naim doesn't necessarily work with gear that purportedly sounds like Naim. I used to use Densen amps that also had Naimesque attributes (the good ones). Lavender Chord i/cs that work well in Naim systems sounded ragged at the frequency extremes with Densen. The old-style curly-wurly Chord Anthems were good though.

Try some Mark Grants on a 30-day trial.

Hi Guys

Thanks
Paul

The original Brown signal cable was doing a fine job, I believe its actually a cheap Cable Talk version, never mind as its a good one, were available with XLR not sure this will match your current pre.

Hi Paul,
Nice kit there mate, I hear you bought it from a fine chap in Maidstone :)
On that kit I have used Kimber Select, Mark Grant and NVA SSP
Don't bother with the Kimber, although good it will set you back around £750.
I would try some Mark Grant and NVA SSP they both operate a 30 day return policy and neither of the manufacturers mind you sending them back so don't be concerned.

Absolutely no particular knowledge of this as stated previously apart from the fact the VDH first ultimate are nice from the source to the pre..., but I have just bought 3m of the old cable talk reference 3 interconnect from Albertson49 on ebay. I don't know what it will sound like but the cable talk reference was the 'starter for ten' brown cable that expo used to ship with the top end kit. This stuff is green. Obviously brown cables sound better than green, but I can only hope...
Oh, and the cable talk reference used to be red, based on the inter that came with the IVDR we discussed earlier on...
If you find a magic bullet let us all know please?

Hi Paul,
Nice kit there mate, I hear you bought it from a fine chap in Maidstone :)
On that kit I have used Kimber Select, Mark Grant and NVA SSP
Don't bother with the Kimber, although good it will set you back around £750.
I would try some Mark Grant and NVA SSP they both operate a 30 day return policy and neither of the manufacturers mind you sending them back so don't be concerned.

haha i wonder who that was? Thanks James it sounds magical, just listening to Spirit of eden on vinyl..lush
paul

When the Farlowe models used to be imported into the US, the then distributor (Casey McKee) had a predilection for Magnan interconnects and OCOS tri-run of speaker cables. I used the OCOS which *were* better than Exposures own speaker wires (which themselves were probably rebranded NACA4 spec stuff). But I only used Chord Cobras with the XVI monos which worked very, very well indeed.

Oh, and NACA5 with the XVIs were really not that different sonically from the OCOS, but can be had for a fraction of the price..and the NACA5 handily outdid the Exposure brown speaker wire.

advertisement

Back