advertisement

best din interconnect for Naim

I thin witch hat did, unfortunately closed activity

Not IMO

Flashback offered a much cheaper range of interconnect
Also terminated for other brands than Naim.

Not sure Flashback sold speakerwire, at least not very expensive ones.
WH Phantom showed up to consist of $2/m Chinese cable.
Flashback had three honest i/c ranges

FB had a promt ship rate, I never read they failed with wrong deliveries, not the best WH reputation on that issue, WH took money and orders, long after they knew their bankrupt coming.
David was a true honest gentleman, RIP.

To be honest I wouldn't compare WH and Flashback at all, beside it was about cables.

My feeling is that nothing is so interesting after witch hat Morgana. Some say chord Sarum tuned aray, but is quite expensive. Strangely no one mentioned ever nordost that anyhow makes also din cables.

Interesting, I read siltech makes din cables, anyhow they are very rarely mentioned. How do you find them?
Bought them at my Naim dealer and they are end game for me, can’t ask for more.
Don’t know if that answers your question anyhow……….

Naim din interconnects used between pre to hicap and power amp:

Kimber PBJ works although no screen might be a problem for some.

Gotham GAC1 for a different sound presentation.

Van Damme studio cable also good doesn't sound that much different to Naim black.

Try them, all available with returns if not to your liking.

This is also interesting to me, I have a Siltech AES cable between my streamer & DAC & have always been really impressed with it. Its from the previous Classic Anniversary series but their new Classic legend series looks rather interesting, thinking to move up the line. Do you have multiple Siltech cables or just the one? This is a source cable, DIN on each end? Do you know what series of theirs it is?

@Gruido - I just noticed you posted the same thing on the Naim forum, and no surprise, the advice is stick to Naim cables and the lavender is good. The lavender is alright as a starting point, but it's not that hard to do better. I had a very basic MIT RCA cable which beat it.

Other starting Naim cables are better. I found the SNAICs are pretty decent, and the 300DR XLRs to DINs seem very decent, even though underneath, the cable is meant to be basic mains cable (If I got that right from what others have posted), which has me scratching my head why it seems to work so well.

As mentioned up thread the AR Lunar is a fantastic cable for the money I use one between a Chord Dave and Naim 552DR no urge to try any other interconnect.

AR Lunar RCA to DIN

Thought I'd resurrect this useful thread with my experience. In an olive system I found the entry level Chord to be slightly better but not miles. I'm sure their expensive stuff is excellent. I ended up with a full loom of Witch Hat Morgana because the price was reasonable and the improvement was very noticeable. However. on a hunch I bought a used silver cable made by Luminous Audio that I saw on Audiogon for a reasonable price. I was skeptical of silver because of its reputation for brightness. Something I've went to some length to tame in my system. I was surprised to find it noticeably more detailed and more important more musical then the WH Morgana or Lavendar. A pretty tall order because the WH is very good compared to lavender. I wish I would have started with the Luminous Audio. Right now I have it on the CDS II and 135's. The musicality is what really sold me. If you look on their website the din interconnects are quite a bit more then the same cabled RCA's but they will match the price of the RCA's they offer.

advertisement

Back