advertisement

Best/cheapest streaming service for CD quality sound

Qobuz is particularly good for jazz and classical but has plenty of electronic, especially French since they’re French. I don’t really do favourites or playlists, just play albums, but the search function can be hit and miss. Stuff I know is there can take some finding.

One thing I love about Qobuz is that they don't delete your favourites if your membership lapses. With Apple Music, the minute you don't pay, pooof, all meta data gone and rejoining is like starting from scratch. Brutal efficiency.

I’ve just taken a trial on Qobuz, app seems good & integrates with Innuos Zen.
I've tried to take the free trial for Qobuz but it won't let me enter my postcode to open my account, it just comes up with 4 lines for I presume a zip code ??

I've tried to take the free trial for Qobuz but it won't let me enter my postcode to open my account, it just comes up with 4 lines for I presume a zip code ??
You get sent a pass code via email. It’s 4 digits.

I like it so far, seamless integration with Innuos Zen.

As a bit of fun, I signed up to that Qobuz offer. Back to back with Amazon Music I cannot tell the difference. Identical at CD and Ultra quality. Modest kit is WiiM mini into Audiolab 7000a and Alchris AR-6 speakers. Any streaming experts who can tell me where the weak link(s) is/are?

And yes, I’m running Qobuz from the WiiM app for best quality.

Just had a brief look at qobuz but cant find much decent berlin electronica on there sadly ..example being moonbooter one of the most famous groups .cant find it
I've spent the last few days playing the extensive collection they have of Jazzanova. Most enjoyable

Indeed , sadly have to pay 60 quid for cds as moonbooter not on any platforms i can see ..i guess they are clever by not putting on there !!

£20 a month to a streaming service and a £100 DAC sounds to me a very sensible allocation of funds if you haven’t got much dosh. But you would need to be a music lover rather than a hifi victim.

£20 a month to a streaming service and a £100 DAC sounds to me a very sensible allocation of funds if you haven’t got much dosh. But you would need to be a music lover rather than a hifi victim.

I am aware of at least one person who feeds his WiiM Pro Plus straight into a pair of eyewateringly expensive Meridian DSP speakers. That replaced a pi4 with a cheap dac hat.

advertisement

Back