advertisement

Benefits street Channel 4

Unless they are all now opening local supermarkets, it makes me wonder if they considered the effects of negative publicity.
Some are clearly past caring. Call it surviving but its not a good idea to let someone film the more "dodgy" aspects of it

As reported above I thought the police would take a renewed interest. It really is a nation full of curtain twitchers and jealous spies "with telephones for eyes".

Its therefore not a good idea to get the benefits office and the police interested in your street.

Ive been watching some of it because there is nothing else on. That says a great deal about the UK television industry.
I question my reasons and whether I consider it informative or entertaining. The show is telling me nothing new about poverty and benefits. Am I a rubber necker for being interested in what they will come up with next?

I quite like most of them but not enough to live next door if the truth be told. Having said that, Ive got neighbours round here I wouldnt get involved with.

Ive been watching some of it because there is nothing else on. That says a great deal about the UK television industry.

I tend to read a book or listen to music in such a situation rather than watch dire TV just for the sake of it.

I strongly recommend 'Caleb Williams' by William Godwin. It is a real 'page-turner' that also makes you think.

I tend to read a book or listen to music in such a situation rather than watch dire TV just for the sake of it.

I strongly recommend 'Caleb Williams' by William Godwin. It is a real 'page-turner' that also makes you think.

Well Yes I thought someone would say that. There is usually music or a computer game on. Im reading a book by Mike Carter about touring Britains coastline on a bike.

Very occasionally I just want to put the box on and flick channels. I did question why I would end up watching this programme or the news.

You make a good point. Its usually on repeat tv and I stay watching for a bit.
I dont rubber neck at car accidents but maybe this is related behaviour :)

advertisement

Back