advertisement

[IC] Benchmark DAC2 HGC & ATC SCM10-2A Actives

Eugene

Identity crisis...
Actually, it's more of a proper FS for the Benchmark though I'll probably regret it in due course.

I got the DAC2 new in 2014 to use with the ATCs, replacing a succession of separate pre-amps and DACs. A really capable one-box solution with analogue inputs and volume control, co-ax/Toslink/USB digital inputs and balanced and RCA analogue out. More blurb here.

All the main functions are on the remote control and it's also got a fantastic headphone amp. Comes with box, instructions, spare fuses, USB cable and trigger lead. It's in excellent condition and I'll post the pics to prove it later. £975 incl UK postage.

By contrast, it's a tentative IC for the ATCs. Moving them on is down to "big speakers on stands" (I know, it's all relative) not really being an option at the moment, though if there's no interest or they ain't worth much, I'll find a way of hanging on to them.

They were new in 2003 and I've had them since 2007, but they've only ever been used domestically (i.e. not thrashed in a studio) and have spent much of the last 8 years stored in the loft. Pics will have to wait as they're currently with ATC, getting the amp packs serviced and new tweeters fitted. These are quite weighty and I've no boxes, so it'd be collection only from SW London. They'd come with IEC mains leads and balanced interconnects.

Price-wise, I've no idea and e-bay isn't much help as the examples on there recently look to be well-used or not working.

Now with added pics. The only marks are on the top and bottom edges of the front panel (pics 3 & 4), where it rubbed against a narrow shelf, but these don't show when it's on a rack. Oh, and I seem to have lost one of the Toslink dustups, though that might be in the box when I find it.

53664357045_77899455c9_c.jpg

53664256199_0e772e9dee_c.jpg

53664256204_fbec99d14b_c.jpg

53663899101_5722f737ef_c.jpg

53664357040_fd87dc6f7b_c.jpg

53664114693_f94bbc3e3a_c.jpg

53664357080_c4065137e3_c.jpg

I couldn’t be happier with my DAC2, replaced an RME ADI-2 as I needed the analogue in functionality, and just so happens the digital sounds better to my ears too. Brilliant bit of kit, GLWS

Thank you, I can’t argue with any of that. The analogue side is so much better than I could have hoped for, and although I’m conscious the DAC world has changed since the DAC2 came out, I think it still holds its own.

advertisement

Back