advertisement

Below par follow-up albums.

Garbage - First album fab, second distinctly unmemorable (2.0?)

Gomez - First album great, second, well it was the first one again, wasn't it?

Mark

The 2nd isn't even that. I really like the 3rd though; imo their best.

Peter

A couple of Indies.....

The Coral
'The Coral' and it's follow up 'Magic and Medicine'. If they were girls they'd be Jade Jagger and Jade Goody.

Embrace
First album 'The Good Will Out'. It didn't. I can't even remember the second album's title.

Jonathan

Hi,

Lemmon jelly KY, ace

Follow up (can't remember the name or be bothered to look it up) crap

I think bands should pay for our disappointment, you should be able to take it back and be compensated in full and a bit extra depending how much it hurt you.

Pete
Hello, yeah I remember it. Lost Horizons, I didn't think it was as good either. But it was ok.

Still getting used to Viktor Kraus' "second" but it doesn't excite me inthe same wys his excellent first. "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" from the second is good, though, and an easy way in.

Rick Stein lobster bisque: The House of Love: self titled debut album on Creation was brilliant and they were awesome live as well. They were top off John Peels festive 50 and the world seemed to be their oyster (continuing the seafood theme!).

Asda own brand fish fingers: The House of Love: self titled 2nd album on Fontana - utter shite!

A couple of Indies.....

The Coral
'The Coral' and it's follow up 'Magic and Medicine'. If they were girls they'd be Jade Jagger and Jade Goody.

I was thinking of that one, how did they go from a song about a guy that sells his soul and turns into a plant to the shit on the second record?

Didn't Zigue Zigue Sputnik make a follow up to their first album? That must hav been bad, then there was Fuzzbox, or the once called We've Got A Fuzzbox and We're Gonna Use It. The lead singer I fancied, the rest looked like slappers to me. It's not a bad first album, don't know what the second is like.

The New York Dolls' self-titled first album is a classic album. The follow-up, Too Much Too Soon, isn't.

Just to add my bit to the Stone Roses debate... The second Coming may not be as good as the first album and if we are honest it was never going to be. However, I personally believe that it is massively underrated. The album contains some fantastic songs and some great playing. 'Ten Storey Love Song' and 'How Do You Sleep' would sit comfortably alongside anything from the first LP.

I love it.

Just to add my bit to the Stone Roses debate... The second Coming may not be as good as the first album and if we are honest it was never going to be. However, I personally believe that it is massively underrated. The album contains some fantastic songs and some great playing. 'Ten Storey Love Song' and 'How Do You Sleep' would sit comfortably alongside anything from the first LP.

I love it.
hmmm, it does warm on me over time I must admit, but the guys themselves categorically say, it's a turkey.

advertisement

Back