advertisement

Bel Canto Stream V1 and BC Seek app problems

Nye Samuel

Herr Katze
Anyone have any problems with Bel Canto's Seek App for it streamer ( Stream) or the Stream itself?

Things like difficulty in checking and updating the firmware and 'queing' tracks in an album.... normally, If I play an album the track chosen will play but then I have to manually choose the next track...unless I go into the Browser ..tick three vertical dots in the right hand top corner and chose Queue-at the end or Queue-play next...The manual doesn't explain what these two things do....then usually but not always...I can play the whole album and switch tracks.

Seeing if anyone has had similar experiences.

I have written to Bel Canto Design (at the express request of Bel Canto's President... Michael McCormick) and returned the unit to the dealership I just bought the BC Stream from for checking.

Anybody?

I had one for a few days. The Seek app is complete rubbish. It went back. As it's Roon Ready then that's a potential solution.

As ever, the control app for the streamer is a critical element. BC just don't have the resource to develop and maintain a decent solution.

As a network bridge I found the Stream to be OK, but the analogue out wasn't that great. Very similar to a Node that I had at the time.

Frankly, there are very many 'better' streamer/DACs than the Stream. This was quite expensive when first introduced (around £1800). From what I gather it never sold well. There is now a Stream 2, but I've no idea what differences that brings.

The 'matching' C5i amp was a more than decent performer and good VFM.

I had one for a few days. The Seek app is complete rubbish. It went back. As it's Roon Ready then that's a potential solution.

As ever, the control app for the streamer is a critical element. BC just don't have the resource to develop and maintain a decent solution.

As a network bridge I found the Stream to be OK, but the analogue out wasn't that great. Very similar to a Node that I had at the time.

Frankly, there are very many 'better' streamer/DACs than the Stream. This was quite expensive when first introduced (around £1800). From what I gather it never sold well. There is now a Stream 2, but I've no idea what differences that brings.

The 'matching' C5i amp was a more than decent performer and good VFM.

The sound was really good but the app...less so....the Stream 1 does 192 khz...Stream 2 does 192 X2...that is about it.

Did you have the same problems?

Bel canto normally pretty fast at replies . hope you get sorted . I have the seek facility on my EIX pre/dac but i have never used it . That piece of kit is absolutely superb and really excells

Bel canto normally pretty fast at replies . hope you get sorted . I have the seek facility on my EIX pre/dac but i have never used it . That piece of kit is absolutely superb and really excells

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago about Idagio and got no reply...let's see if Mike McCormick, the presidente of BC can do any better???

advertisement

Back