advertisement

[FS] Bel Canto C5i integrated amp with DAC + phono

Moonbuggy

pfm Member
For sale is my Bel Canto C5i.
A compact class D pocket rocket. High quality components and very nice to use and look at.
Superb Icepower amp on board delivers a smooth 120w into 4ohm. A quality Wolfson DAC and MM phono stage, which is really rather good and whisper quiet. Defeatable display.
The amp is in immaculate condition, no marks or issues.

Comes with all accessories and original box.
£800 plus delivery or collect from or meetup with 25 mile radius of Bristol.

IMG20230413164105.jpg

IMG20230413164138.jpg

IMG20230413164022.jpg

IMG20230413164138.jpg

7Y0hKVV

A prominent sonic wallop is likely the first thing you’ll notice when firing up the C5i. Bass is particularly well controlled, as is transient attack. The California Guitar Trio’s “Led Foot” demonstrates the C5i’s ability to maintain pace while simultaneously keeping separate and clean the three distinct guitar voices. California Guitar Trio records contain a wealth of musical information in a small space, an acoustic that most moderately priced integrated models fail at recreating.

Bill Bruford’s Earthworks lies at the opposite end of the sound spectrum. A skilled drummer that never hesitates to maximize his kit, Bruford provides a great torture test. The C5i has no problem keeping the cymbals in their own distinct space as the percussionist takes flight on several rapidly paced solos.

Comparing the C5i to the much larger REF500M monoblocks reveals a close resemblance at less-than-earthquake levels, and for good reason: The C5i uses the same power modules, albeit in stereo rather than in a bridged mono configuration. Again, Bel Canto doesn’t sacrifice sound quality at a lower power level, making the C5i an even more attractive proposition regardless of where you sit in the audiophile pecking order. And diversity abounds.

https://www.tonepublications.com/review/bel-canto-c5i-integrated-amplifier/

advertisement

Back