advertisement

BBC2 Now Aretha, Amazing Grace Doc

We caught this a while back. Excellent stuff. Also, interesting to see the Glimmer Twins briefly, when they were in town mixing Exile, if I recall.

Mick

Well it was very good, and Aretha was gobsmackingly good, but just too religious and gospelly for my tastes. I was like "enough already! Keep the amazing band, the venue and even the backing choir but lose the jesus stuff and do something non god botherers have heard of besides "You've got a friend" "

Well it was very good, and Aretha was gobsmackingly good, but just too religious and gospelly for my tastes. I was like "enough already! Keep the amazing band, the venue and even the backing choir but lose the jesus stuff and do something non god botherers have heard of besides "You've got a friend" "
There often is quite a bit of god in gospel music. Certainly a church I would attend. I think I will buy the album despite not being religious.

There often is quite a bit of god in gospel music. Certainly a church I would attend. I think I will buy the album despite not being religious.

Yer don't say!? :eek: Have the album so have heard it before just not seen the visuals. IIRC Aretha banned it from being shown (why FFS??) so it was only after she passed that this could be done....

advertisement

Back