advertisement

BBC online test to tell where you'd be happiest living in Britain

I found out that I live within 45 miles of the ideal pace for me. They are wrong as I love the sea and I'm not fussed with anyone from Yorkshire. (Not seriously)

Stratford upon Avon was my result. Maybe due to me saying I had a strong interest in the Arts (music, I meant, unsurprisingly)?
Anyway, I went there once, thought it was very nice, but probably wayyyy to much traffic in the tourist season for me to live with.

Hart, Hampshire.

I have to say that's rubbish. My mate lives in Portsmouth and every time I go down there I get called a northern monkey - I wouldn't be very happy with that all the time. I mean, I am a northern monkey, but I don't need reminding of it!

Hart, Hampshire. Already live in Hampshire but can't stand Fleet

Residents of this district generally reported higher than average levels of agreeableness, and lower than average levels of neuroticism. Levels of all other traits – openness, conscientiousness and extraversion – were average for Britain.

I got a suburb of Nottingham. Sounds fair, I like Nottingham and had the job worked out differently years ago I'd have gone there. It said the Outer Hebrides were a poor choice. No surprise, I think they would be for all of us not born there or with a special interest in the area and its people. Locally (Leeds) it said Selby was best. No thanks. It's nice enough but there's bugger all there.

It's what you get when you sample half a dozen people and feed it into SurveyMonkey or similar. It has all the rigour and meaning of a "which pop star are you most like?" quiz in Jackie magazine, circa 1977.

Where's Clackmannanshire ?

data=U4aSnIyhBFNIJ3A8fCzUmaVIwyWq6RtIfB4QKiGq_w,4oZ0BYYqIROg208PdJaDURjgkpl3Qct9n7B2SxTTipky1V-Jdl2D6ENTh2A2UkLVdknvyUaNnwokNy5rhL5uYKTjcP07sEkbLf8GBIftF83Xec3eZmuniLk58vWY9bDQXKYJ5URmOakXxVrz31xh2PrEByGNiuCV2yqdjPzJ6wIamrVIH1c7ysMdIalDkuIyfMWFgHpzcjfjW8x0TA

I got Dorset. We're aiming to be in Cambridge later this year, so not too far away :rolleyes: at least in US terms.

I got South Norfolk first time around. I did the test again and got West Lindsey.

Basic traits for me were places with low population density and high levels of conscientiousness and agreeableness......can't disagree with that tbh. And the two local locations are places I would choose to live.

advertisement

Back