advertisement

Bauhaus—Go Away White

kasper.

have you read anthony burgess' "enderby trilogy?" in the second or third volume, the central character teaches a creative writing class in which an activist black student offers up a poem that begins "it'll be your balls next whitey". what follows (in the novel) is worth the price of admission.

vuk.

kasper.

have you read anthony burgess' "enderby trilogy?" in the second or third volume, the central character teaches a creative writing class in which an activist black student offers up a poem that begins "it'll be your balls next whitey". what follows (in the novel) is worth the price of admission.

vuk.

WTF!!!

Anyhow Kasper I'll give you a quick run down of the album when I finish listening in an hour or so.
I managed to catch Murphy and the boys in Dublin last year. Talk about stage presence....they were incandescent!! No frills just the band but they rocked. If I'd seen them back in the 80's when I was a fanatic I am sure I would have expired with joy.

Kasp. Just got it. I like the opening track very Diamond Dogs Bowie... Adrenalin has a really good bass riff... and vocals too seem very Diamond Dogs era Bowie. Lots of the usual double tracking vocals and almost mutant Beatles harmonies... Undone has a wicked wicked bass, all sleaze under Danny's transistor-spiked fuzz guitar... thats as far as I got so far. Sounds like its a winner so far... but what do I know I liked Terror Couple Kill Colonel...

Probably a good un for weight training to.

Oh and for pouting to as well -- of course

UPDATE: International Bullet Proof Talent is straight ahead cheez with Murphy almost shimmying behind his Mic and a two fingered pianner plonking away. Its a "Pouter" all right. I'd forgotten how much fun Goth Bass playing can be.

UPDATE2: Saved is the first duff un... All ballady with moody swishyness and Too Much Electronics. But it has a very Goth Bell and a sinewy bass mid way thru.

UPDATE3: Last Two track (The Dog's A Vapour and Zikir) aren't so hot -- noodly drony nonsense, but Mirror Remains and espesh Black Stone Heart are good. Just over half of this LP is worth listening to.

PS Amazon's preordering at £9.99 for 180g vinyl nummyness

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back