advertisement

Bargain Classical CDs - some recommendations

horace

pfm Member
Hi

I recently ordered some classical CDs from the following site:
http://www.zweitausendeins.de/indexengl.htm
I strongly recommend a visit to this site - some unbelievable bargains to be had and they will deliver to europe for a fixed charge of 8.80 euros, regardless of order size. Delivery to UK took 10 days.
Anyway, I ordered some classical box sets on the Brilliant Classics label - Look under 'specials' and go to the Brilliant Classics section.

Complete Haydn Symphonies, conducted by Barshai - 33 CDs for 49.99 euros (£35) Licensed from Nimbus- Wonderful music, fine performances and recordings. Of course, most people don't need them all, but at this price it's a steal. Strongly recommended. I'm listening to them in order - I'm on Cd no. 6 now and enjoying discovering these symphonies.

Complete Dvorak string quartets, performed by the Stamitz Quartet. 10 CDs for 16.99 euros - Again, fine performances and recordings. some of the quartets are more interesting than others, but more than enough great music to justify the cost.

Debussy/ Ravel - complete solo piano music. Performed by Fergus-Thompson and Crossley. 7 CDs for 13.99 euros. Fabulous! Buy this.

A 3 CD set of romantic clarinet concertos. MAGNIFICENT! All but one of the recordings are by Emma Johnson - these recordings are licensed from ASV. 4.99 euros! Astonishing value - includes concertos by Crusell, von Weber and Krommer. Don't miss this one. My favourite!

As noted on a previous thread, they also have jazz vinyl at 4.99 euros and a host of other stuff, including a 160 Cd box of the complete works of Bach for a paultry 99.99 Euros!!!! I'd love to hear from anyone who has this set - Any good?
Check out the 'specials' section
Enjoy.

Martin

(Your url includes the full-stop at the end of the sentence...)
I've never been there, but I had a look and they do rock too.

Oh my!

The Haydn seems a no-brainer now.

Dare I ask where the Bach is listed? Couldn't find it, and I confess I'm quite tempted to take the plunge.

Thanks for the holiday tip!

-john

Radio 3 noted on Saturday that Naive are issuing the complete Monteverdi madrigals on 11CDs by the Concerto Italiano with Rinaldo Alessandrini. Since my favourite Vespers is his version, I thought I’d check it out, and saw that Amazon have it for £34.53 which is much less than I was expecting. Too tempting!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back