advertisement

Bands like Panic Room, Karnataka? More prog-rock loveliness please!

GRC

More Red Wine Member
Thanks to this august forum I recently discovered the band Panic Room. Current favourite album is "Skin" but "Essence" - their sort of unplugged release - is also great IMHO. In fact I like all of them.

From "Panic Room" I found Karnataka and their "Secrets of Angels" album is getting regular air time, along with most of their earlier stuff.

Tried Mostly Autumn and some other spin-off bands but not to my liking.

Also just come across IOEarth's album "New World" which also has a great female vocalist like the other bands mentioned above. I don't like their other stuff.

So - any other suggestions along these lines? I clearly like a good female vocalist . . . (who doesn't?)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks Seeker_UK - just looking into these two bands. I note that Magenta also hail from Wales - who'd have known so much great stuff came from that neck of the woods?

UPDATE: Just bought most of the back catalogue (FLAC downloads) from Traffic Experiment and Magenta so many thanks for the heads-up.:):):):)

If you're ever down here in the Algarve give me a shout and I'll happily pour copious amounts of great Portuguese wine down your throat (or beer if that's your preference) and you can take a listen on my humble little system.

Last edited:
Traffic Expirement did a rather excellent version of the Dr Who theme tune.
Just sayin’

Indeed they did and I'm a Dr Who fan from the original black-and-white shaky cardboard sets days. In fact, just listened to it on their FREE (how enterprising is that?) downloadable sampler "Music by Traffic Experiment" and am now investigating their back catalogue.

Listening to laut.fm/progman has introduced me to a lot of prog bands that I was not familiar with, including a number of those mentioned above. It is a German site so fairly "eurocentric" and can get a little repetitive after a while. A fair range nevertheless, from old standards to the more obscure.

Those new to me that I now enjoy include; Karmakanik, Lunatic Soul, The Pineapple Thief, Citizen Cain, and The Watch (virtually a Genesis tribute band), just to mention a few. You might find something there to your liking.

Have fun.

Thanks to this august forum I recently discovered the band Panic Room. Current favourite album is "Skin" but "Essence" - their sort of unplugged release - is also great IMHO. In fact I like all of them.

From "Panic Room" I found Karnataka and their "Secrets of Angels" album is getting regular air time, along with most of their earlier stuff.

Also just come across IOEarth's album "New World" which also has a great female vocalist like the other bands mentioned above. I don't like their other stuff.

So - any other suggestions along these lines? I clearly like a good female vocalist . . . (who doesn't?)

Thanks.
Hear hear

Thanks.

Try 'Lemolo'
https://lemolomusic.com/media/

'On and Off again' from Kaleidoscope is superb!

advertisement

Back