advertisement

Balanced Mains Units...

Greyandy

pfm Member
Hi Hive-mind,
Does anyone have any experiences (good/bad/indifferent) of using a balanced mains supply?
I'm aware of the considerations and issues of putting 120v down neutral and from what I can find they can have a positive effect on removing earth-loop hums but was wondering if anyone has any real-life experiences of using one.

I've been using one for a year or so along with an in line Sojstrom DC blocker before it. It has a large toroidal transformer within the case, I can't explain how the science/magic of electricity works but I would not be without them. It may simply be my mind playing tricks on me but they seem to help the music flow. No issues with my RCD although the MCB sometimes trips on inrush.

I've been using one for a year or so along with an in line Sojstrom DC blocker before it. It has a large toroidal transformer within the case, I can't explain how the science/magic of electricity works but I would not be without them. It may simply be my mind playing tricks on me but they seem to help the music flow. No issues with my RCD although the MCB sometimes trips on inrush.

The balanced isolation transformer will block any DC anyway.

Last edited:
Better to fit the dc blocker prior to a balanced traffo, they suffer the ill effects like any other.

Fofolsom- sjostrom dct03- balanced traffo.

advertisement

Back