advertisement

Balanced headphone amp for sennheiser hd800

Got myself thoroughly confused with this now.

I do appreciate the responses but have been given conflicting information and simply looking for clarification for something which the more I read becomes less clear.

All I want to do is connect headphones (Sennheiser HD800) to my teddydac vc which has Balanced XLR fixed volume out.

Am I limited to balanced headphone amps only or can I use some sort of adaptor to connect to headphone amps with only single ended inputs?

Do I also need to have a balanced connection from amp to headphones? I currently have the stock 6.3mm connection. Not keen on the price of balanced cables for the HD800.

Thanks

All I want to do is connect headphones (Sennheiser HD800) to my teddydac vc which has Balanced XLR fixed volume out.

How do you plan to control or attenuate volume?

Otherwise, you will need a 2x female XLR (left/right) to 6.35mm male Jack and then use a female to female Jack adaptor.

Am I limited to balanced headphone amps only or can I use some sort of adaptor to connect to headphone amps with only single ended inputs?

No. You can use a 2x female XLR (left/right) to 2x RCA/phono cable.

Peter

How do you plan to control or attenuate volume?

Otherwise, you will need a 2x female XLR (left/right) to 6.35mm male Jack and then use a female to female Jack adaptor.

No. You can use a 2x female XLR to 2x RCA/phono cable.

Peter

As my dac is fixed volume I assume I will have to attenuate volume via the headphone amp.

Thanks

advertisement

Back