advertisement

Back up pictures in the web

ariegur

pfm Member
Hi all,

I’m back upping my pictures on hard disks. I take care that the pictures are stored in two HD one is not connected to the computer nor to the wall.
Instead of using two HD, I want to store pictures in the Web and one set in one HD.
I want trustable web and the option to disconnect the computer without erasing the pics in the web.
In drive one, for example, when I pull out a file from the image file in the computer, this file is erased of the web.
Do you have experience with webs?

Arye

The biggest risk is the financial security of the hosting company and the location of the hosting computers and the laws that cover them - if other people store illegal files then it is possible the local police would take over the servers for examination so preventing the users accessing the image files.

Thanks Derek,
Yesterday I sent a message to Adobe. I understood by a commercial of them that they give storage to store files. If they do, I think that it is safe and protected against pirate usage?

Arye

The biggest risk is the financial security of the hosting company and the location of the hosting computers and the laws that cover them - if other people store illegal files then it is possible the local police would take over the servers for examination so preventing the users accessing the image files.

That and other considerations for long term storage are covered in http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04g14v0 a 30min listen.

Here are two options for you to consider:
backblaze (recommended to me by a friend)
crashplan (the one I use)
FYI it look a long time to initially upload my 500 gig of files to crashplan, something like 3 to 4 weeks.

advertisement

Back