advertisement

B4 Bootstrap Buffer Preamp schematic

norwood

Hi,
Please can someone post the schematic and or an image of an unpopulated board (top view) as I am trying to do some trouble shooting after accidentally making some smoke after mucking around with it.
The link in the reference section is dead so any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately not, I cannot see all the resistor & capacitor references which I need in order to try the trouble shooting as posted in the reference section.
Thanks for your reply.

783768-E7-3-E6-F-44-B2-9-F32-90669-CC2-FF21.jpg

Hi Tim
Thanks for posting the schematic, will have a go at repairing the board now.
Same as Chilly, asking for access.

Recently tinkered with my B4 too, changing the output caps and adding in a some other output caps to feed a headphone connector....

Hi

Not sure if you have enough info but I dug out my stash of boards and found a spare B4 unpopulated if it helps

49951115858_2866233232_c.jpg

And a pic of my implementation

49951617756_ffb21cde30_c.jpg

An unpopulated board? Let me know if you ever decide you want to let it go to a good home....

Can I ask what the long thin board and the processor type board are in your implementation?

An unpopulated board? Let me know if you ever decide you want to let it go to a good home....

Can I ask what the long thin board and the processor type board are in your implementation?

I have several spares, you are welcome to one. I recall Piglets Dad put some guidelines together around the distribution, no profits etc. and donations to pfm, I need to check and I will PM you.

The processor type board is a remote kit for input switching and volume, the long thin board is a bank of TeddyRegs replacing the onboard regulators. Probably excessive but at the time I had run a teddyreg GB and had a few spare boards and components so they got used here.

Well I'd love one if there is a spare, and happy to donate to PFM. I had the parts set up in a Mouser project from long ago but never got round to sourcing a board and I kept a few tants back from my recent find in case

I recall Piglets Dad put some guidelines together around the distribution, no profits etc. and donations to pfm, I need to check and I will PM you.
When you find them, please can you post them or pm me too? I have a couple of spare unpopulated boards as well. They need to move on.

Venturing near the DIY section is bad news if you have a fallible memory. When I saw your post, I thought ‘I’m sure I have some spares of those too.’ Twenty minutes later I have found three, plus a complete, tested but never further used one that I built and another half-finished one with someone else’s handwriting on the board. Who did I buy that from? And why? As I was putting them away, I saw another box with ‘Dantimax’ written on it. What’s in there? A remote selector, relay attenuator and control board. Oh yes, I vaguely remember buying that... I really must get round to finishing these things off. But then maybe my valve amps should come first - after all, they have been in a state of near-completion for fifteen years...

And that is how things will be left for another 12 months...

When you find them, please can you post them or pm me too? I have a couple of spare unpopulated boards as well. They need to move on.

Venturing near the DIY section is bad news if you have a fallible memory. When I saw your post, I thought ‘I’m sure I have some spares of those too.’ Twenty minutes later I have found three, plus a complete, tested but never further used one that I built and another half-finished one with someone else’s handwriting on the board. Who did I buy that from? And why? As I was putting them away, I saw another box with ‘Dantimax’ written on it. What’s in there? A remote selector, relay attenuator and control board. Oh yes, I vaguely remember buying that... I really must get round to finishing these things off. But then maybe my valve amps should come first - after all, they have been in a state of near-completion for fifteen years...

And that is how things will be left for another 12 months...

I found the relevant post, it is to donate 25% of any proceeds to pfm

Yeah, I know what you mean, I have two complete sets of HackerNAP and CAP boards as well[/QUOTE]

Well I'd love one if there is a spare, and happy to donate to PFM. I had the parts set up in a Mouser project from long ago but never got round to sourcing a board and I kept a few tants back from my recent find in case

Hi Jimmy, I tried to PM you but I was not allowed to. Can you PM me for address and payment details please?

advertisement

Back