advertisement

B&W Complete Darkroom wanted

kenneth cooke

pfm Member
I wish to return to 35mm B&W processing and printing after many years using colour reversal. I live in Yorkshire, I am retired and broke but will give a good caring home to someone's no longer used darkroom

Have you tried your local freecycle group? I picked up a De Vere 203 with Ilford 500 head & control unit for nothing a while back. Amazing what some people give away :)

Alternatively, do you have a local college? It seems that a lot of photography courses don't cover developing & printing anymore and I know of a couple who've junked entire darkrooms & film camera setups.

Hope this gives you a few ideas

Sean

Sean

Thank you for that and I will contact my local colleges. I find it very sad that conventional D&P is no longer on the curriculum. Up and coming students will never get to see that magic moment when the image first appears in the tray

Kenneth, I have a Durst M670 colour/b&w enlarger, good for 35mm to 6x7, which is in storage but which you are free to have if you can collect. The only problem is where the enlarger is - near St. Andrews - which isn't so handy for you. Yours if you want it, though.

Hi Kenneth

I have sitting in my garage a Leitz Focomat V35 B/W enlarger (with enlarging lens), I havent used it for around 5/6 years. I could let it go cheaply, but I live about 20 miles from Belfast here in Northern Ireland. It is quite bulky and heavy also.... It is highly regarded as one of the best enlargers out there! My brother was a professional photographer for many many years and he advised me to buy the Leitz as it was the business he said!

Best wishes.

peter
[email protected]

advertisement

Back