advertisement

B Stock

Alex S

carbon based lifeform
Normally I buy second hand but there’s a few B stock options for Denons I’m considering. Safe bet?

B stock can mean all sorts of different things.

Cosmetically damaged
Damaged packaging
Open box
Customer return
Dealer return
Ex dem
Repaired non working unit
They've just got too many and need to flog a few

I'd try to find out what actually makes it B stock but generally pretty safe. Obviously cosmetic damage will affect any subsequent resale value.

Level of discount expected also an obviously connected factor.

I personally try to buy Ex dem whenever possible since if there is any sample variation the dealer is likely to have picked out a "good un" for the dem unit.

Thanks. I’ve emailed the retailer to ask what B stock means in this case but I doubt they know since it’s from the Denon factory and they’re just reselling. I’ll probably stick a WTD ad up here too.

In this case, 1 yr manufacturer, probably less than new retail. Nonetheless, modern stuff tends to break early so that wouldn’t really put me off.

I bought a Denon amp for my son from HyperFi, apparently B stock but it - and the packaging - was perfect. Full guarantee and about 25% off RRP. Can’t rate it or them highly enough except they don’t always have everything they advertise in stock.

Yes, it’s HyperFi. Naturally, the next question is whether this B stock really exists or is low price click bait.

Normally I buy second hand but there’s a few B stock options for Denons I’m considering. Safe bet?

I bought a 'B Stock' Cambridge One direct from CA a couple of years back for a substantial discount.
Was as good as new ........

I bought a BK XXLS400 sub as B stock through their ebay shop and I can't see anything wrong with it. Came with the usual BK 2 year guarantee.

Naturally, the next question is whether this B stock really exists or is low price click bait.

I'm sure it will be a genuine offer. Large retailers usually shift a lot of product so manufacturers often give them sweet deals like B-stock or new-old stock. Some of the deals can look too good to be true but, from my experience, they are true.

I bought a advertised "open box" record cleaner from Peter Tyson's eBay shop. When it arrived it was completely sealed. All there was is some box damage. A smashed in hole of about 3 to 4cm diameter.

I bought a B Grade 851N Azur direct from Cambridge Audio. Other than not having a protective film on the display I couldn't see any signs of use. Usually very little risk in buying B grade. Buy online or by phone and you are covered by the distance selling regulations anyway, so really no risk at all.

Many retailers are not really "allowed" to sell kit "outside" recommended retail price range.
Demo and B.stock, sometime a method to clear stock.

I have purchased B.stock a couple of times, items were flawless.

Many retailers are not really "allowed" to sell kit "outside" recommended retail price range. Demo and B.stock, sometime a method to clear stock.

Yes. I and some of my friends bought some Rega tonearms described as 'slight seconds'. They were the previous model, in full retail packing and perfect. Rega obviously just clearing old stock.

My son bought a pair of Fyne F502SP speakers described as factory refurbished, but Fyne don't do factory refurbs. Shop didn't really know what the story was. Spoke to someone at Fyne and it turned out they were overwhelmed with orders for the new Vintage and Heritage ranges and just needed the space!

Yes, it’s HyperFi. Naturally, the next question is whether this B stock really exists or is low price click bait.

I have used Hyperfi they’re genuine B stock, great to deal with.

They indicate whether the item is in stock, if the item has buy now it’s in stock, if no indication they are awaiting stock.

Buy with confidence.

Gary

Thanks all. There’s no option to buy on the website. I’ll give them a call tomorrow.

advertisement

Back