advertisement

Avondale "SNAIC" 4?

Howdy

pfm Member
Hey all!

What do I have here? It was sold to me years ago as Avondale 4-pin SNAIC, but with power and signal separated.
It turned out that it's signal only (no power), but is it Avondale's cable or something else?
Two cables between 4-pin DIN and "RMS" printed with some direction marks on heat shrink.

Avondale_cable_4-pin_signal_only.jpg

P.S.

Oh, and would you reckon the one above is better than Flashback Sales signal-only SNAIC?
I also happen to have these signal-only and power-only SNAIC 4 & 5:

Flashback_signal_and_power_only.jpg

The RMS will be Avondale as something akin to that same branding appeared on his kettle leads (still does apparently).

Root Mean Squared?

On some of the pics of Avondale mains cables you can see 'RMS Main' plus what looks like an 'L', so perhaps 'RMS Main Line' for the power leads(?).

What with two leads and only 3 connections on your signal only DIN4, I suspect 2 x coax cables with the screens combined on pin 3.

I recently purchased direct from Les (Avondale Audio) a set of T120 monoblocks (quite superb) which were traded in by a customer and with Les running his magic over them with a complete update and full service etc, they are badged as RMS which Les explained was an offshoot company standing for Reference Music Systems (Limited) which had some tie in with Stands Unique going back to the early 2000's - The work done which included 2x six replacement 10.000uF caps and a pair of NCC 220 Qudos modules along with a complete full service. Therefore one very happy Avondale customer.

advertisement

Back