advertisement

Avondale power amp kit, progess made

Sounds interesting Les.My NVA monoblocs I built has a seperate supply driving just the output stage.
The Statement amps had four supplys for each monoblock powering the input,pre-driver,driver and output stages.
I have never seen this in any other desigins.

Cheers,
Paul.

hi,
I bought an Exposure VIII that had been modified in this way.
The two power rails had been cut near the output devices and the original supply was powering these with a seperate transformer and regulator powering the rest of the circuit.
I put it back to standard as, although it sounded very good, I prefer standard Exposure circuitry as that was what god intended.

dogrun.gif

Originally posted by LesW
I first used it in the early '80s when I designed the Sugden AU51P.

Hi Les

I didn't know you were a designer for Sugden. I have used a Sugden Stemfoort SF60 integrated amp in the past and it is a superb sounding amp. What else have you designed if you don't mind me asking?

Regards
Hon

Hi all!
the monos are up now and warming up. I have only had some limited time to listen to the system (g1 too), but it surely feels promising. :) before I had 72/hc/250

thank's for all warnings about the snot (heat paste) I took great care and managed to stay clean. almost ;)

If there is interest I will post further impressions later when the system is setteling.

(rest of it: lp12/ekos/geddon/troika/prefix/apx2/G1/Av monos/ Isobarik)

Good to hear you're finally getting to hear the G1 - and with Avondale monos too.

Please let us know how they sound when warmed up, settled down and run in.

I would be particularly interested in comparison of the 250 with the Avondales - I might just go the same way, once the house moving is done, the speakers are changed and the twins are born.

Regards

Mark W

advertisement

Back