advertisement

Avondale Mono's

Just a quick question.

I'm hoping to get a pair of 130's and was wondering if i could replace the NCC200 boards with the Qudos boards from my 250? I would assume they are almost indentical size ways. So is this possible or should i stick with what i have?

Thanks

The QUDOS boards (a.k.a. NCC220) are drop in replacements for the NCC200, just like the NCC200 was a drop-in replacement for Naim's NAPA boards. The only (minor) potential issue connector size. Naim amps often have the itty-bitty spades, and many early NCC200s had the same to match. I've never seen a QUDOS board with anything but big spades, so you may need to reterminate your connectors to fit.

The QUDOS boards (a.k.a. NCC220) are drop in replacements for the NCC200, just like the NCC200 was a drop-in replacement for Naim's NAPA boards. The only (minor) potential issue connector size. Naim amps often have the itty-bitty spades, and many early NCC200s had the same to match. I've never seen a QUDOS board with anything but big spades, so you may need to reterminate your connectors to fit.
Thanks Mike, not sure I'd be capable of that myself.

It's actually pretty simple, and Les provides instructions on how to do it. However, I suspect that yours already have larger spades. You could tell for sure by opening up the case and taking a look.
I fitted the Qudos myself. I can see there is a difference but I’m only going by photos of the monos. I think Les is out of action for a while as he’s having an op I think.

advertisement

Back