advertisement

AVI S2000MM , shuts down almost immediately, known issue / advice on a fix?

Hello,

One of my 1996 vintage mono block amplifiers decided to stop working on Friday night. It starts a bit garbled and turns off the audio within a second or two. The amplifier is still powered, and have tried an alternative speaker/cable arrangement. I'm technical (electronics background) but not that conversant repairing audio gear. Lack of work forces the most economic repair. I've taken off the lid and can confirm:

i) The two DC 60V rails are still present and working following the immediate sound reduction (to zero)

ii) At a reasonable glance no signs of a burnt out or leaking component (component side view only).

iii) I can see a legend marked s.c. (short circuit) protection and guess this has fired to protect the speaker connected. Hence the muted sound.

I've looked around on line and can't see a schematic so tricky (for me) to debug.

Wild guess's at present include a faulty output transistor dragging the output down ? Has anybody got any specific experience or advice that they could offer. A schematic diagram would be good ! Image attached of the board.

I do have another working example and plan to take some measurements and compare the two if all else fails.
RW9jBvGnetpsWKZy5

If you have pics online hosted somewhere like Flickr post a link, might be better getting a Mod to shift this to DIY lots of clued up guys on there.

advertisement

Back