advertisement

AVI ADM40's then... (part II)

ps, on a more serious note, what is the cheapest I might get a battered old pair of 100's for do you think? I have no interest in cabinet niceties, I'm happy to respray or veneer.

I'm somewhat amazed by the sound.
Having spent 30 years with Naim I thought a change was due, especially as I began to find the Naim sound quite tiring. I am amazed that the ATCs reproduce a real sound. Not a Naim sound or a Linn sound but just the sound of the music.
It's really quite refreshing, the only downside being the cost up to the bigger ones.

Simon

That sounds a like fair description. Someone once described the 100As as "the voice of God, with a choir of Angels". Now, I'm not a religious type, but...

:)

Why are people so evangelistic about what they own? Are they so insecure that they have to validate every purchase via PFM???

To the OP, I've had craploads of kit (including ATCs up to scm50 level) and I'll be honest; it ALL sounds good. Some you will like more, some less but it all plays your tunes. Some people harp on abort synergy, I've paired so much kit together and it always sounds good TBH.

Why are people so evangelistic about what they own? Are they so insecure that they have to validate every purchase via PFM???
If that is addressed to me I was asked a question and answered it.

To the OP, I've had craploads of kit (including ATCs up to scm50 level) and I'll be honest; it ALL sounds good. Some you will like more, some less but it all plays your tunes. Some people harp on abort synergy, I've paired so much kit together and it always sounds good TBH.
Perhaps you could remind us what the OP was asking/stating.

Yes. What's so wrong with insecurity?

If that is addressed to me I was asked a question and answered it.

Perhaps you could remind us what the OP was asking/stating.

Ha ha, not adressed to anyone, just wondering. I would never besmirch anyone online or otherwise. As for the OP, having looked back I think I may have read a new no1 post and assumed it was the OP so my apologies.

Yes, unfortunately I seem to be the new OP post in this second part thread, I blame Arthur for dragging out the thread for so long that it got split into two!!!!

Maybe you could then take that posse up to Aberdeen and help me get the 50's I just got out of their boxes, christ they're chunky.

It's very exciting when they arrive, not so when you can't get them out the damn box. Now I have a garden shed full of packing. Thinking of chucking it tbh

No do not. It's a huge pita to have to reorder the wooden packing crates if they ever need to be sold That said its often cheaper to get a pro audio company to make up flightcases and use the flightcases to store stuff in. Failing that ATC will take the packaging back, its not like cardboard boxes for throwaway stuff. It's correctly rated for safe shipment.

I could do with boxes for classic 100s if anyone has any for when I move the studio. The towers have their crates.

And the cloth baggies. V.important.

Indeed. The packaging is very important with such heavy speakers. 53kgs per box for each 50, and they only get heavier as they get bigger. Even the 25's are 30kgs...

The 100's are 65 I think. I can cheerfully bench more than the but the dimensions kinda get you, obviously. My 100 packaging is cardboard, robust mind, with a big blue padded thing in the middle. It's at least partially exposed to the weather, maybe I'll just keep the blue thing.

Now with added sub, my youngest is here hence the mind numbing television program
unu2y6ed.jpg

advertisement

Back